The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Wanting Leicester to beat Liverpool, but knowing a Leicester win makes them a form team for a trip to SJP...

peeing ralph wiggum GIF

And it's even worse if if they lose as they'll be wanting a reaction in their next game... :explode:

17 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

And it's even worse if if they lose as they'll be wanting a reaction in their next game... :explode:

If they draw they will be a form team who wants a reaction!

I don't believe there's a conspiracy regarding Liverpool and VAR, though I don't blame anyone for thinking there is. However, should they pip us by a point, then that absolute bullshit during our game at Anfield has ultimately had season-defining implications. Not to mention the farce in the Palace game which followed. 

16 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I don't believe there's a conspiracy regarding Liverpool and VAR, though I don't blame anyone for thinking there is. However, should they pip us by a point, then that absolute bullshit during our game at Anfield has ultimately had season-defining implications. Not to mention the farce in the Palace game which followed. 

i think officials are in awe/intimidated by anfield and the mighty LFC - probabaly subconcious but definitely there.

I get why it's called a conspiracy by its literal definition, it's just unfortunate that that word has connotations which make pointing out season-long red flags that could be anything from ridiculous coincidence and unconscious bias to subtle 'protecting the brand' briefs and just flagrant corruption sound like flat-earther talk.

I've genuinely never seen anything like the breadth and depth of the often insane decisions that have consistently gone their way this season. Everything from little things like Fabinho being seemingly card-proof, to players just openly handling the ball in the run up to a goal. If you've noticed it then you'd have to be a complete mark to not think it at least looks a bit dodgy. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

24 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

The Palace game annoys me far more than the Anfield one. An official who was later in the season sacked for incompetence chalked a perfectly good goal off us that would've put us 1-0 up after looking at loads of replays from alternate angles. Had we gone 1-0 up no doubt in my mind we close that out and win. Completely robbed of 2 points.

I think what makes Liverpool's blatant benefit of awful refereeing even more crazy to me is that they, and even quite a few neutrals, genuinely think they're hard done by due to a few cherry picked stats. I feel like I step in to a parallel universe when I dare take a peek in r/soccer on Reddit. 

Just now, wormy said:

I think what makes Liverpool's blatant benefit of awful refereeing even more crazy to me is that they, and even quite a few neutrals, genuinely think they're hard done by due to a few cherry picked stats. I feel like I step in to a parallel universe when I dare take a peek in r/soccer on Reddit. 

U.S-based 'big 6' glory hunters, basically. Saying that, it's a good litmus test when even they say something is fucked up. It happened recently when Jota kicked Skipp's wig off and Lindelof started playing basketball against West Ham. 

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I've made peace with the Palace fuck up by telling myself we got them back in the Bournemouth and Wolves home matches. 

Didn't think the Bournemouth handball was that controversial really, wasn't like it was crashed into him from no distance, and his arm blocked a good chance. Wolves, aye, Pope should've gone. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Didn't think the Bournemouth handball was that controversial really, wasn't like it was crashed into him from no distance and his arm blocked a good chance. Wolves, aye, Pope should've gone. 

I was sat right behind the Bournemouth pen and hardly anyone was appealing for it like. Just watched it back and still think it's a bullshit decision personally. 

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I've made peace with the Palace fuck up by telling myself we got them back in the Bournemouth and Wolves home matches. 

Wolves aye, but the Bournemouth one is 50/50 imo, I've just watched it again and if the on field ref gives that it doesn't get overturned. But should go both ways, VAR shouldn't overturn it either.

But we've had from the top of my head more game changing or potentially result changing decisions go against us this season than not.

Wolves (a) Penalty on Longstaff for a shirt pull, 1st half.

Liverpool (a) Isak 'offside'.

Palace (h) Mitchell fouling Willock and scoring an OG and getting away with it.

Man Utd (a) Penalty on Wilson, 1st half. Arguably balanced out by them not getting a pen on Sancho in 2nd half.

Just as well we beat Forest and Brentford away as they'd both be on here too. 

Edited by HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, nufcjb said:

Leicester 2-1 LiVARpool

We win Thursday, we seal Champions League place.

Well we don’t but I’m with you on this :indi: