The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

This is, IMO, the biggest issue with VAR. Any time VAR is used there should be a verbal explanation given by the referee or I guess VAR official (though not exactly sure how that would work). 

I know I’m a broken record on this, but the idea of a sport where the fans don’t know how a decision has been reached is absolutely mental. 

Either shows how backward the football authorities are, or how much disregard they have for fans. Probably both. 

Also would likely mean the rules would need to be simplified and the criteria for a decision made more clear. 

Sorry to be miserable but I just think we're going to fall short. Main reason being that the midfield balance has just not looked right without Longstaff (LWLD the last games he's missed), and it's exacerbating the fact there is serious fatigue in that area of the pitch for us.

Hope I'm wrong, but if we don't beat Brighton we're gone IMO.

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Sorry to be miserable but I just think we're going to fall short. Main reason being that the midfield balance has just not looked right without Longstaff (LWLD the last games he's missed), and it's exacerbating the fact there is serious fatigue in that area of the pitch for us.

A draw might do as long as we go out and give Leicester a proper hiding. It could come down to goal difference with another draw at Chelsea. Hopefully it won't come to that if we just win Thursday.

1 minute ago, Decky said:

A draw might do as long as we go out and give Leicester a proper hiding. It could come down to goal difference with another draw at Chelsea. Hopefully it won't come to that if we just win Thursday.

Liverpool play Soton final game.  They’ll surpass our GD

3 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

If we fail to beat Brighton, we will still be ahead of Liverpool by a point, and have to play this horrendous Leicester team at home, and a Chelsea team on the beach and who failed to beat Forest at home the other day, it'll be nail biting for sure, but it'll hardly be gone.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We should beat Chelsea and Leicester and ideally draw or beat Brighton . 

I’m not so sure we ‘should’ beat Chelsea. Think it’s gonna be more tricky than we think.

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Liverpool play Soton final game.  They’ll surpass our GD

We're 4 ahead now, stick 5 past Leicester and it'll look a lot better. 

Don't want to tell people how to feel, but I think some need to look at the positives rather than just the negatives. Yes things haven't gone well since Southampton, but we will be in the Champions League if we beat 2 hopeless teams. Whisper it quietly, but we may actually beat Brighton too!

Just now, Wolfcastle said:

For all the "bed wetting" of only a week ago its near enough 50/50 now isn't it?

50% chance of beating Brighton and anything less were having to beat Chelsea as well as Leicester.

Still very much in our hands. Man Utd are involved in this too. For as hard as Brighton could be for us Villa at home is a difficult game for Liverpool if they show up. Simple fact is if we beat Brighton on Thursday we're Leicester at home away from CL football. Only have ourselves to blame if we don't get over the line. 

Just now, ilikenewcastle said:

Don't want to tell people how to feel, but I think some need to look at the positives rather than just the negatives. Yes things haven't gone well since Southampton, but we will be in the Champions League if we beat 2 hopeless teams. Whisper it quietly, but we may actually beat Brighton too!

Agreed, though Brighton are exactly the kind of side we don’t want to be playing when we’re going for three points.  If the same side that faced Leeds starts again then we’re relying on a win at Chelsea