The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

619 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

:lol: Ian we've played 14 more games than you this season. We've already beaten you in a cup final, are level on a points in the league with an easier run in, in the semi finals of the FA Cup and in the quarter finals of the Europa League. This while missing Eriksen and Casemiro for large chunks of the season and playing with Wout Weghorst up front.

I think you need to settle the fuck down.

Got to love fans of the ‘Biggest Team in the World’ using being in the Europa League as the excuse for being two places below Newcastle with 11 games left 😂😂

You might have thought the £200m worth of new players on top of what they already had might have equipped them for that. But no, they had to play Omonia Nicosia in October so that’s why they’re below us…

16 minutes ago, SteV said:

Got to love fans of the ‘Biggest Team in the World’ using being in the Europa League as the excuse for being two places below Newcastle with 11 games left 😂😂

You might have thought the £200m worth of new players on top of what they already had might have equipped them for that. But no, they had to play Omonia Nicosia in October so that’s why they’re below us…

You're just making stuff up again aren't you. I was replying to Ian saying we're not very good and that you are. It's not quite the truth is it. :lol:

Nice of you to use Omonia Nicosia as the example though and not the two legged tie against Barcelona which ended 3 days before the cup final at Wembley, which we still won. ;)

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

You're just making stuff up again aren't you. I was replying to Ian saying we're not very good and that you are. It's not quite the truth is it. :lol:

Nice of you to use Omonia Nicosia as the example though and not the two legged tie against Barcelona which ended 3 days before the cup final at Wembley, which we still won. ;)

Sunday has absolutely rattled Man Utd fans 😂

I think they all knew it was a possibility we could beat them, but the manner in which they were utterly dominated from start to finish has genuinely shocked them to the point they’re searching for anything to try and make sense of it. ‘Barcelona, Casemiro, Weghorst, Glazers, blah, blah’.

Just now, SteV said:

Sunday has absolutely rattled Man Utd fans 😂

I think they all knew it was a possibility we could beat them, but the manner in which they were utterly dominated from start to finish has genuinely shocked them to the point they’re searching for anything to try and make sense of it. ‘Barcelona, Casemiro, Weghorst, Glazers, blah, blah’.

Again, more fiction. I was simply responding to comments by yourself and Ian.

We have been dominated this season by worse teams than you. You're a good side, who were at home, having a great season. There have been far more surprising results for us this year than what happened on Sunday.

Nothing even wrong with what Ian said. You can watch Man United and come to the same conclusion you would watching Spurs - that despite their position and the wins on the board, they're not very good.

Edited by Kid Icarus

36 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Again, more fiction. I was simply responding to comments by yourself and Ian.

We have been dominated this season by worse teams than you. You're a good side, who were at home, having a great season. There have been far more surprising results for us this year than what happened on Sunday.

You have not been dominated to that extent for an entire game by anyone. 

You’ve had terrible tonking’s off Liverpool and Brentford, but they were basically 45 minute capitulations. You at least sort of competed for the other 45 mins. 

Sunday was different, and your fans need reasons other than sometimes you’re not very good, as @AyeDubbleYoocorrectly pointed out.

Edited by SteV

1 minute ago, SteV said:

You have not been dominated to that extent for an entire game by anyone. 

You’ve had terrible tonking’s off Liverpool and Brentford, but they were basically 45 minute capitulations. You at least sort of competed for the other 45 mins. 

Sunday was different, and your fans are need reasons other than sometimes you’re not very good, as @AyeDubbleYoocorrectly pointed out.

That isn't what Ian said though is it. :lol: Sometimes we are not very good, I 100% agree with that. You weren't very good in the cup final. You don't use that as a basis for the entire season though. 

We have played very well for a good 85% of this season, with a few humpings thrown in to keep us grounded.

14 minutes ago, Froggy said:

That isn't what Ian said though is it. :lol: Sometimes we are not very good, I 100% agree with that. You weren't very good in the cup final. You don't use that as a basis for the entire season though. 

We have played very well for a good 85% of this season, with a few humpings thrown in to keep us grounded.

We were nowhere near as bad in the final as you were on Sunday. 

Anyone basing a judgement on you solely off yesterday would say you’re not a very good team. And you’re saying that type of performance is a not an infrequent occurrence, so that’s why Ian’s statement has merit. 

Edited by SteV

13 minutes ago, SteV said:

We were nowhere near as bad in the final as you were on Sunday. 

Anyone basing a judgement on solely off yesterday would say you’re not a very good team. And you’re saying that type of performance is a not infrequent occurrence, so that’s why Ian’s statement has merit. 

I didn't say it wasn't infrequent. :lol: Since the very beginning of November we've only lost 3 times and that was away to Arsenal, Liverpool and Newcastle where anyone can lose. We've won 7 of our last 10 games and progressed in all competitions. We've won 15 games (you've won 13) in the league, which is 1 off the total for last season.

From January until the Liverpool game went on a run of 12/13 games scoring 2+ in every game, winning a cup and knocking out Barcelona, who are absolutely dominating La Liga FYI.

Ian's post has absolutely no merit. It's utter nonsense. It's someone who doesn't watch our games making snap judgements based on a small number of games in a crowded season. 

Now please buy McTominay.

Edited by Froggy

I have Froggy on ignore so I only see the quoted posts. No offence, it’s just not a Man Utd forum and I can’t be bothered with it.

All I’m saying is that Man Utd don’t come across as a top team when I watch them. Of course I don’t know as much as their own fans, but then again I’m not biased in their favour either. 

As I said, we should stop talking about Man Utd now. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I have Froggy on ignore so I only see the quoted posts. No offence, it’s just not a Man Utd forum and I can’t be bothered with it.

All I’m saying is that Man Utd don’t come across as a top team when I watch them.

You’re right, we should.

I’ll stop now. Until the next time we dominate and batter them.

19 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

All I’m saying is that Man Utd don’t come across as a top team when I watch them. Of course I don’t know as much as their own fans, but then again I’m not biased in their favour either. 

Aye fuck them and their arsehole “fans”

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

That's not very nice AJ.

constantly threw stuff down on us , hanging over L7 goading us giving it V’s all the time , honestly mate they were utter wankers the whole game . Then proceeded to take offence after we scored and got a kid thrown out for fuck all but sour grapes .

im a big fan of the Man U fans normally as they sing like fuck but Sunday they were classless and utter cunts to a man 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Given their run in, I'll be amazed if Man United don't finish in the top four. 

Agreed, but only because Spurs and Liverpool are so bad. I don't think this Man U team are top four material in any normal season.

4 minutes ago, GWN said:

constantly threw stuff down on us , hanging over L7 goading us giving it V’s all the time , honestly mate they were utter wankers the whole game . Then proceeded to take offence after we scored and got a kid thrown out for fuck all but sour grapes .

im a big fan of the Man U fans normally as they sing like fuck but Sunday they were classless and utter cunts to a man 

Ah well I can't comment on any of that. No excuse for it. Our away fans normally carry themselves quite well.

Edited by Froggy

Kinda happy with our remaining games. In the reverse fixtures we took 25/33 points with a 21-4 GD. 

Many tough games, but they suit us more than playing against a Bournemouth who sits deep all game. 

Edited by BergenMagpie

On 03/04/2023 at 04:07, Stottie said:

We've now scored the same number of goals as Man U and conceded half as many. Yet the general consensus is that they've been nailed on for Top 4 for weeks.

They are playing a striker who looks genuinely worse than Chris Wood. At least Chris Wood touched the ball. Their key men are a combative midfielder who's been sent off twice and a (great) wide forward whose even-for-him hot streak looks like it's ended. The best thing they have going for them is their points already on the board.

For us (and Man U), it's likely 15 points will do it, four wins and three draws from eleven matches. It's preferable some come from the Tottenham and Brighton games, but not essential. We could lose them both and it probably won't matter so long as we win some of the other games.  I'm sure we'll get there.

Four more wins. That's all we need. 

65 points has only been enough for 4th twice in the last 10 years and the team that got 4th got more points than that.  

22 hours ago, The Fountain said:

65 pts might be wishful thinking for a CL place. 70 pts for me 6 wins 2 draws.

Aye. 6W, 2D, 3L even feels like too many defeats based on our performance this season. 5W, 5D, 1L also achievable.

Keep everybody fit and I think we do it.

12 hours ago, Interpolic said:

Yeah he was quite patronising there, continuing the Man Utd tone from yesterday. "Longstaff and Willock are good players and they're good lads, but the Man Utd midfield shouldn't be getting overran by them". 

I'm happy with people continuing to underestimate us but it is annoying when professional pundits are that lazy yet speak with so much conviction about a subject they're clearly not on top of. 

I love the fact that they think we have shit players.

On 01/04/2023 at 07:57, The Prophet said:

This week is potentially season defining stuff.

Us v Man United 

Us v Brentford

Man United v Brentford

Spurs v Brighton 

Brighton v Brentford

City v Liverpool

Chelsea v Liverpool 

Liverpool v Arsenal 

So far so good. Midweek wish list (other than the obvious)...

Man United and Brentford to draw (we don't want Brentford carrying too much confidence into Saturday).

Liverpool to drop points at Chelsea.

To a lesser extent, Villa to drop points at Leicester.