The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 hour ago, TRon said:

If we assume Man U are going to finish top four, then I would say Spurs have to be our biggest rivals simply because they are the ones who are still in touch points-wise, Liverpool are a long way behind so at least we have a very nice cushion there.

You would imagine that for as many points that we will drop for the rest of this season Liverpool will match it, if not do worse. Closing a 7 or maybe 10 point gap? Wouldn't have thought so. 

2 hours ago, WilliamPS said:

Knocking spurs out the CL would be v useful for longer term prospects. Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea will always have bags of cash, attract players and be competitive but spurs could struggle. Ultimately if you want Newcastle to sit in the top 6 or 4 consistently it helps if one of the others implodes a bit

This is probably for a different thread, but I think Chelsea have a real chance of imploding if they stay out of the CL for another season or two. I wouldn't group them with the other two.

30 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

This is probably for a different thread, but I think Chelsea have a real chance of imploding if they stay out of the CL for another season or two. I wouldn't group them with the other two.

I've said to a lot of my friends this could be their 'Leeds' moment.

They've spunked loads on bad value for money signings following the world cup and aren't giving managers a chance. Their ownership are royally fucking it. They'll do well to get any European football this season, next season - who knows, but they face some real stiff opposition now. I know they've signed players over 8 years or whatever but 2 or 3 years of missing our on Europe could fuck them.

Ya know it might sound daft, we’re 11 points behind City yeah, I can think of 11 points we’ve dropped this year that could easily have gone another way. We ain’t a million miles away from a really interesting, competitive side. A couple more pieces and Eddie to polish another turd into a diamond and we’re in the mix.

On 03/04/2023 at 21:51, Heron said:

Wolves (h)    ️          

Nottingham Forest (a)   

---------------

ManUre

---------------

West Ham (a)        

Brentford (a)         

Aston Villa (a)

Everton (a)

Southampton (h)             

Leeds United(a)        

Leicester City (h)

1 ahead so far. This could well end up our most successful season ever in the PL, points wise...every game is vital. However, I'm 90% certain we'll get top 4 now.

Just to be 'that' guy...

Wolves (h)    ️          

Nottingham Forest (a)    

---------------

ManUre 

---------------

West Ham (a)     ️   

Brentford (a)         

Aston Villa (a)

Everton (a)

Southampton (h)             

Leeds United(a)