The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

620 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

2 minutes ago, Broadsword said:

We have 11 games left, 3 away from home coming up. So if we are top four after these next 3 games we will have 6 home games and 2 away games left.  2 of those games at home are against the bottom two aswell. These next 3 games are huge.

Brightoins run in is really difficult and I cannot see them managing to continue this form that much further.  Villa, Liverpool and Chelsea are too far behind us so its just us and Spurs really.  The home game against them is huge too. 

Brighton play Chelsea away very soon and also have the cup game plus two more rearranged fixtures to potentially cope with. As great as they’ve been, something will give I reckon.

Simply don’t have anyone on my mind other than 

Man U 

Spurs 

Liverpool

Chelsea 

Man U and Spurs are the only ones who can chin us from 4th IMO 

According to FiveThirtyEight, and whatever metrics they use, we have a 66% chance of finishing in the top for, and a less then 2% chance of finishing 8th or lower.

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I did one of the prediction thingies and it had you getting top four over Liverpool. Spurs 6th. :lol:

Where did your team finish?

5 minutes ago, Rod said:

Where did your team finish?

3rd Rod. I had us dropping points to Spurs, Villa, Brighton, West Ham and Chelsea while beating Brentford, Everton, Forest, Wolves, Bournemouth and Fulham.

24 minutes ago, GWN said:

Simply don’t have anyone on my mind other than 

Man U 

Spurs 

Liverpool

Chelsea 

Man U and Spurs are the only ones who can chin us from 4th IMO 

I’d give Brighton a better chance than spurs tbh 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

3rd Rod. I had us dropping points to Spurs, Villa, Brighton, West Ham and Chelsea while beating Brentford, Everton, Forest, Wolves, Bournemouth and Fulham.

Fair enough.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Villa are getting away with murder at the moment (look at the stats) and they scraped past 10 man Leicester.  You will beat them easily.

4 minutes ago, Rod said:

Villa are getting away with murder at the moment (look at the stats) and they scraped past 10 man Leicester.  You will beat them easily.

Your hatred of Villa/Emery is one of my favourite things on here 😂

45 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Your hatred of Villa/Emery is one of my favourite things on here 😂

In all seriousness, the football Villa play is awful on the eye.  They beat Chelsea on Saturday and it's a complete mystery as to how.  Chelsea had 27 (that's TWENTY SEVEN) shots, 13 corners and 69% possesion.  Emery gets away with feckin murder I tell ya!

The fact Liverpool looked pretty shit in 20/21 then scraped in the Top 4 with their keeper scoring a 95th minute winner along the way still gives me the creeps.

Going 10pts clear of them with a win tonight should keep them at arms length for the remaining games. 

Liverpool looked a threat after they beat us, I believe that was their third win a row. Since then they've lost to Bournemouth and taken a hiding at City, at this point Brighton have a far better chance of top four than they do.

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Liverpool looked a threat after they beat us, I believe that was their third win a row. Since then they've lost to Bournemouth and taken a hiding at City, at this point Brighton have a far better chance of top four than they do.

It's really annoying that of all teams, they're the only ones that will have done the double over us come the end of the season. Especially as they were there for the taking on both occasions.

I'd take more notice of my nana's tea leaves than FiveThirtyEight and Nate Silver like. In the space of 3 game rounds we've gone from a a 29% chance to a 66% chance of CL qualification. Any model that moves that wildly over so little isn't worth much imo.

I love that Wilson said “Draws won’t get you champions league football” or something after the match Sunday on Sky. I really do think we will get 3 points tonight. A win tonight is fucking massive and could see us going on a similar pre WC run if that’s the case.