The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - NUFC to enter Conference League if Man City win FA Cup

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

621 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Had a quick look at the last couple of season for context.

21/22

The most similar was probably last year, in that 5th, 4th and 3rd had a bit of a cushion from the chasing pack. After GW30, the lay of the land was:

Chelsea P29 - 59 points

Spurs P30 - 54 points

Arsenal P29 - 54 points

They went onto finish in that order with Spurs finishing on 71 and Arsenal 69.

20/21

The year before was far more open with West Ham and Leicester also on with a shout. After GW 29 the table was:

Leicester P29 - 56 points

Chelsea P29 - 51 points

West Ham P29 - 49 points

Spurs P29 - 48 points

Liverpool P29 - 46 points

Incredibly, Liverpool went onto claim 69 points and 3rd with an impressive 23 points from their last 9 games. Chelsea held onto 4th with 67, while Leicester fell away taking just 10 points from their last 9, finishing on a total of 66. 

19/20

As far back as I could be arsed to go, but after GW29 you had:

Leicester P29 - 53 points

Chelsea P29 - 48 points 

Man United P29 - 45 points

All three finished top five, but once again Leicester missed out from a position of strength, taking 9 points from their last 9 and finishing on 62 points. Chelsea and Man United claimed 4th and 3rd respectively with relatively low totals of 66 points. 

I guess the take aways are that 70 points (or 14 points from our last 9) should just about do the job. Leicester demonstrate that it isn't a given at this point and I'm sure everyone at the club is fully aware of that. Liverpool came back from the dead one year, but they did finish on 69 points and wouldn't have finished 3rd without others faltering around them.

Spurs are away to us, Villa, Liverpool and Leeds in their last 8 games. Brentford, Man Utd and Palace at home could be tricky too. I didn't actually sit and look at their games but I think we'll do better than them in the last few games and we're already 3 ahead with a game in hand. 

2 minutes ago, TRC said:

As long as we don't lose against Spurs I think we are in.

We’ve got to do a lot more than that overall. Beating them helps along with Brighton are key but our fixtures are tricky. 

Wins are key as staying unbeaten with a number of draws and could see Liverpool sneaking in with their fixtures.

What an end of the season it’s going to be at both ends of the table 🙂

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

could see Liverpool sneaking in with their fixtures

This is my worry too. Surely 12 points is enough to see them off with 9 left?  I know they've been shite all season but if the gap is down to 5/6 points with 5 games left I'd be fucking bricking it. Their fixtures seem to be very kind.

I'd be ill for weeks if we missed out to them by a point or so - that 90 + 8 winner back in August.

That being said if we can get 4 from the next 2 I'd be very confident, would push Spurs further back and keep Liverpool to a 10pt gap with 7 left.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Liverpool need to win all 9 games to have any chance of getting in the top 4. I don't even think they win on Monday.

Thank you for making me feel a tad better. However memories of that Alisson 95th minute winner at WBA in 2021 still has me absolutely bricking it.

3 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Yeah, the amount they're carved open does give me confidence. I suppose I'm more worried about us imploding, which I know isn't exactly to type this season or in fact since Jan 2022.

If we implode, we don't get CL.

Win 5 of our remaining 9 - including a win against Spurs. We'll be in the CL. Could probably get away with winning 4 including Spurs if we pick-up another 2 to 3 draws. We've been doing that all year. We've been doing that for 15 months.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Fixtures are a mixed bag for us.

Very winnable: Everton, Southampton, Leicester, Leeds, Chelsea

Tricky, but winnable: Villa, Spurs, Brighton

Tricky, not as winnable: Arsenal

I would have absolutely no confidence in us if we needed to get something from Chelsea on the last day of the season.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Fixtures are a mixed bag for us.

Very winnable: Everton, Southampton, Leicester, Leeds, Chelsea

Tricky, but winnable: Villa, Spurs, Brighton

Tricky, not as winnable: Arsenal

As good as we can be - they are all winnable.

Keep our lads fit and we could go unbeaten for the rest of the season.

23 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Liverpool need to win all 9 games to have any chance of getting in the top 4. I don't even think they win on Monday.

I agree Monday against Leeds as an evening game will be no pushover after Leeds losing 1-5 at home Sunday but that’s depending on a bounce back.

4 of their final 6 are at Anfield and their 2 away games are Leicester and Southampton 🙂

If they do win their next 3 games you’ll be bricking it like us all if we collect 1 point from our next 3 games 🙂

11 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

I'm still annoyed the cunts beat us twice. Be hilarious watching Klopp if they don't make Top 4.

Just hope that robbery at Anfield doesn't come back to haunt us. If we go 2-0 up with Isak's legit second goal there is no way they come back and get even a point let alone three. Absolute travesty of a result.