The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - NUFC to enter Conference League if Man City win FA Cup

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

621 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

I've been sceptical about our chances of Champions League football for a majority of the season, but the last week has changed my mind. We're 29 games into the season, averaging circa 1.9 points per game, having just won five on the spin with two bang in form goal scorers competing for places. The worst we'll do is 5th (which would still be a brilliant effort), but there's no reason to think we can't finish in the top four now. We've even bought ourselves a loss or two. 

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

I agree Monday against Leeds as an evening game will be no pushover after Leeds losing 1-5 at home Sunday but that’s depending on a bounce back.

4 of their final 6 are at Anfield and their 2 away games are Leicester and Southampton 🙂

If they do win their next 3 games you’ll be bricking it like us all if we collect 1 point from our next 3 games 🙂

6 points or more from the next 3 including a W against Spurs - I'm not thinking about Liverpool at all.

Liverpool are 12 points back with 9 games to go. If they finish ahead of us - 1) we'll have imploded & 2) they would have had a fantastic run.

It would be our own fault but they also would need to pull an amazing run out the bag.

This isn't a relegation battle where we have to be overly concerned with other teams because it's a "who is the least shit" mini league. We are winning team - winning more than 50% of our games and losing 3 games all season. If we keep that up at the exact same level - we are Champions League comfortably. 

50 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Liverpool need to win all 9 games to have any chance of getting in the top 4. I don't even think they win on Monday.

Leeds are awful, Liverpool win that with ease

I think Liverpool easily get 20+ points from their remaining fixtures, they'll do similar to what they did a couple of years ago

We just need to make sure we win enough games 

10 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I think Liverpool easily get 20+ points from their remaining fixtures, they'll do similar to what they did a couple of years ago

They absolutely can and should win on Monday, but this is a side that have lost at Forest, Bournemouth and Wolves and failed to win at Everton and Palace. It's far from a foregone conclusion.

30 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

A couple years ago they were plagued with injuries, notably to Van Dijk hence them having to bring in Ozan Kabak on loan and this was 2 years ago before their same players especially in midfield have declined. This season they've won just 3 away games and have lost to Bournemouth, Forest and Wolves. 

Many think they've been threatening to go on runs for ages; beat Bournemouth 9-0, go on a run of 1 win in 7. Beat Man City, put 7 past Rangers away from home in the CL, lose away to Forest and home to Leeds back to back. Few wins put together post WC, get hammered in consecutive away games at Brentford, Brighton and Wolves. Go on a run of wins and clean sheets including beating Man Utd 7-0 and they're now winless in 4. 

They've been outrageously inconsistent all season and I don't see that changing. Regardless, if we just look after ourselves and win 6 games we'll be fine.

I maintain… and I’ve messed with the predictors 5 or 6 times now… that if we draw with spurs and win 3 more games no one will catch us. Pretty much all scenarios I’ve worked, and I’ve tried to be really downbeat on our results, still lead to us finishing 4th on between 68 and 72 points.

Same, I don't know how anyone is doing the predictor thing and thinking Liverpool will catch us. Spurs also a tall task if we beat them -- it really comes down to that.

(This opinion assumes Bruno stays fit. All bets are off if we lose him.)

Fan attitudes don't change overnight and we're bound to be scarred and pessimistic from the last decade or so. I can see why anyone would choose to be cautious about top 4, even with the current run we're on, and the performances we've put in this season.

Saying that, if I could briefly think we could make the top 4 during the inexplicable season we finished 5th under Alan 'The King' Pardew, I owe it to this team to have some hope we can realistically finish in champions league places this season.

38 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Same, I don't know how anyone is doing the predictor thing and thinking Liverpool will catch us. Spurs also a tall task if we beat them -- it really comes down to that.

(This opinion assumes Bruno stays fit. All bets are off if we lose him.)

Yeah, I've tried being negative with only two wins, the rest draws and losses and it still has us in top 4.

Yep, also of the opinion that if we beat spurs we should do it.

Don’t even consider the brummie mackems as a threat this weekend… flattering to deceive against bottom half opposition.

1 minute ago, buzza said:

Yep, also of the opinion that if we beat spurs we should do it.

Don’t even consider the brummie mackems as a threat this weekend… flattering to deceive against bottom half opposition.

They have also beaten Man Utd, Spurs and Brighton under Emery in fairness.

6 wins should do it

Going to be a challenge as every team we have to play has something to play for.

Next 2 games are the biggest indicators of how it will go for us. 

2 minutes ago, Ace said:

6 wins should do it

Going to be a challenge as every team we have to play has something to play for.

Next 2 games are the biggest indicators of how it will go for us. 

5 wins should do it. If anyone pipped us on 71+ points we'd be very unlucky. 

It would mean Spurs would have to win 6 of their last 8 and better our goal difference. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

5 wins should do it. If anyone pipped us on 71+ points we'd be very unlucky. 

It would mean Spurs would have to win 6 of their last 8 and better our goal difference. 

5 wins and beating Spurs  would. I like to air on the side of caution 

Spurs have struggled but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility they win 6 of 8 and draw one of the other 2 if the beat us. 

Brighton winning 9/10 seems tougher so 5 should see them off. 

Anyone else would need us to collapse. 

We would have to collapse in general now based on the rest of the season. We've lost 3 in 29 so that'd suggest we might lose one more. We're winning 1 in 2 so that'd get you 4 wins (68 points). Don't lose to Spurs, Villa or Brighton and it's done.

4 minutes ago, Ace said:

5 wins and beating Spurs  would. I like to air on the side of caution 

Spurs have struggled but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility they win 6 of 8 and draw one of the other 2 if the beat us. 

Brighton winning 9/10 seems tougher so 5 should see them off. 

Anyone else would need us to collapse. 

Spurs are decent at home, I could even see them beating Man United down there. They have some tough away trips to SJP, Anfield  and Villa Park though.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Spurs are decent at home, I could even see them beating Man United down there. They have some tough away trips to SJP, Anfield  and Villa Park though.

Think them vs Liverpool is a coin flip as both have none existent midfields based on recent games but both have quality forwards. 

Hopefully Villa can do them (hopefully after not turning up vs us)