The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 minute ago, mikejaxer said:

Am I allowed to say that this was a disappointing season or is the positivity brigade still out in full force?

The league position we got given the context is still impressive. It's a robbery that we've not got anything to show for it tbh 

1 minute ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

I fucking hate football. 

man United are shite.  Yet have two trophies in a couple years and we have nothing in my lifetime.  

Yeah and the approach to both those finals was spot on. Everyone behind the ball and playing on the break

2 minutes ago, Boey_Jarton said:

Were we unlucky?

Is 7th normally ok for Europe? 

Twice in the last 10 years has it not been enough.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Not gonna re-review the season cos Man Utd won a game we weren't involved in. We did very well to finish as high as we did; unfortunately Chelsea had a barnstorming final third and punished our mistakes. C'est la vie.

The problem today is that most of us thought City would walk the final so 7th last week looked like a good season with European qualification that has now been taken off us. 

I do have to say that anyone relying on us being in the Conference League to actually sign with us is probably not someone we want long-term. Bruno, Isak, and others have signed without guarantee of Europe. Our project should speak for itself without the third tier of European competition. 

Just now, LiquidAK said:

The league position we got given the context is still impressive. It's a robbery that we've not got anything to show for it tbh 

No it isn't - we were absolutely dreadful for about half the season, and were near-relegation form away from home. To be frank, we didn't deserve to be in Europe.

I'm only upset because it felt like conference league would be a good opportunity to win something next year. I guess we can put even more focus on domestic cups and the league but it's still gutting to miss out to those cunts. 

1 minute ago, Decky said:

The problem today is that most of us thought City would walk the final so 7th last week looked like a good season with European qualification that has now been taken off us. 

I never assume anything good if we are relying on other results.

Just now, Upthemags said:

No it isn't - we were absolutely dreadful for about half the season, and were near-relegation form away from home. To be frank, we didn't deserve to be in Europe.

What part of given the context were you unable to read? Perhaps I should've put it in larger font for you? Or is this a cognitive thing?

1 minute ago, alexf said:

I'm only upset because it felt like conference league would be a good opportunity to win something next year. I guess we can put even more focus on domestic cups and the league but it's still gutting to miss out to those cunts. 

Yep. Those who are saying it will give us a clear tilt at next season are missing that we would have had a great chance of winning a cup.

European football would've been a sign of good progress

City's hungover no show in the first half today has robbed us of that and a realistic chance of winning a trophy 

really does feels like this club is cursed sometimes

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Twice in the last 10 years has it not been enough.

Thanks, that was my intuition.

And presumably you can qualify for ECL by finishing around midtable in German/Italian leagues due to extra places and Atalanta winning Europa 

Just now, LiquidAK said:

What part of given the context were you unable to read? Perhaps I should've put it in larger font for you? Or is this a cognitive thing?

Feels a "cognitive thing" to think the team - circumstances accounted for - deserved to be in Europe next season.

3 minutes ago, Memphis said:

I do have to say that anyone relying on us being in the Conference League to actually sign with us is probably not someone we want long-term. Bruno, Isak, and others have signed without guarantee of Europe. Our project should speak for itself without the third tier of European competition. 

It will be a bigger problem if we miss out on EL och CL next season. then are the chances that our star player will leave, a lot bigger .

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

The negative summer scenarios become more likely though.

Not sure the Conference is held in high regard enough to be a deal breaker.

5 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

Am I allowed to say that this was a disappointing season or is the positivity brigade still out in full force?

Youre allowed to say it, but its such a shit comment. Doesnt give any insight other than youre not happy, which means fuck all to 100% of the forum. Please give some thoughts on what couldve been done better as we are all disappointed with how things went, but its easy to see why

I’m not going to pretend I didn’t want to be in the conference league because any European football would have been beneficial to this squad. 

That said, us not being in it and I assume Chelsea dropping from the Europa to that isn’t exactly the end of the world.

Big European push next season.