The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

7 minutes ago, Boey_Jarton said:

Beggars can't be choosers pal! I'd take any trophy with the possible exception of the pizza one the mackems won 

Of course I’d take it, I just don’t think it’s a major trophy and would much rather win the league cup, for example.

I'm not super disappointed to not play against Vejle, AEK Athens and some Kasakhstan team, but no Europe will add unfounded pressure on everyone next season. It's a blow for us for sure.

Just now, Donut said:

I'm not super disappointed to not play against Vejle, AEK Athens and some Kasakhstan team, but no Europe will add unfounded pressure on everyone next season. It's a blow for us for sure.

It'll also reduce actual pressure on the squad though no? We can’t be as unlucky with domestic cup draws next season either surely

Just now, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

It'll also reduce actual pressure on the squad though no? We can’t be as unlucky with domestic cup draws next season either surely

true a home draw against a team other than City would be a good start 

Posted (edited)

I had been won over recently to the benefit of competing in Europe next year simply for the benefit of acclimating further to 2x games a week and of course the chance to win a trophy. 

What I would say though is that this does give a definite opportunity to focus squarely on the league and hopefully get ourselves looking towards the CL places and upwards. That is where the ambition of the club lies and achieving that as soon as is possible gives us the best chance of building momentum more quickly + keeping the likes of Bruno and Isak. 

Edited by Barnes23

Absolutely gutted and I'm not sure if it's because we didn't qualify, or seeing those cunts lift yet another trophy, while our wait continues. 

I think it's the former, I was getting really excited for Europe, and another competition that we could actually feasibly win, so guess that plays on both my reasons for feeling low about this all.

Oh well, next season can bring so many more amazing memories, just like this one did. And who knows what we can achieve with a fully fit squad, less games, and hopefully some more quality.

19 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

I mean there are reports that the keeper we're after was waiting to see if we get it. 

It's not a BIG draw, but it will make a difference and it will impact our recruitment

Plus it's another winnable competition we're not in. 

Can't wait to see the back of this cursed season 

We’ll see re this keeper but Bruno and Isak signed for us when we weren’t in europe. I think a managers plans for a player and their ability to improve their game and being part of a project which is stable and heading upwards is more important.

Don’t get me wrong the elite players want champions league but we’re not fishing in the Vinicius Jnr/Bellingham pool. The calibre of player were going to be after are a step below, good players with a stalled  but back on track career (Isak) or players with potential to step up (Bruno/Gordon/Botman) and I don’t believe not getting conference league will prevent us signing that level of player as they should be able to see beyond this season. 

Nothing personal but I hope you’re wrong about conference football affecting our recruitment plans.

26 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Not sure the Conference is held in high regard enough to be a deal breaker.

It gave us cash, and a decent amount if we made decent progress. Its also an extra season to wait for European football with us for our bigger players, which might be a consideration if offers do come in. 

I know it's not a big tournament but as much as anything else it would have salvaged what's been a fairly shit season, so for me it's a big disappointment.

Concludes a disaster of a season. If we’re genuinely going to be competing for trophies, seasons like this are unacceptable. Any credit Howe had in the bank from last season is now long gone.

Didn't quite manage to qualify for it, but had we done so would have been one of the favourites to win it, just about sums up the prestige involved here. Move on and have a full tilt at the domestics next season

Just now, Maggies said:

Concludes a disaster of a season. If we’re genuinely going to be competing for trophies, seasons like this are unacceptable. Any credit Howe had in the bank from last season is now long gone.

:lol: laughable 

1 minute ago, Maggies said:

On the wind up?

1 minute ago, Maggies said:

Did you have this opinion before today's game? If not, has your opinion on Howe changed due to a result he had no control over?

10 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

The Europa Conference League has immediately grown in prestige in the last hour over on RTG.

It may as well achieve mythical status with them, as a club they're never gonna see it :lol:

I suppose it is apt for us to end a season with many kicks in the teeth without a reprieve. It was in our hands to finish sixth, so we should own this setback more than the others.

If Ten Hag is sacked then that's two managers out of three in the other European competitions who lost their jobs. A bit batty really.

Also two trophies and CL and Europa qualification for Ten Hag in these two seasons would mean more than Klopp no? Minus goal difference or no minus goal difference.

Just now, Stottie said:

I suppose it is apt for us to end a season with many kicks in the teeth without a reprieve. It was in our hands to finish sixth, so we should own this setback more than the others.

If Ten Hag is sacked then that's two managers out of three in the other European competitions who lost their jobs. A bit batty really.

Also two trophies and CL and Europa qualification for Ten Hag in these two seasons would mean more than Klopp no? Minus goal difference or no minus goal difference.

I think people may have been more gutted if we got sixth and ended up with ECL.