The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

I feel like I’m in the minority of being quite relaxed about this. It’s in our hands and we’ll finish top 4 if we deserve it. It’s not like before when we’re lingering at the bottom of the table hoping 3 teams are worse. If Liverpool claw it back and we can’t get 7 more points or whatever it is then fair play to them. 

It would feel like a disappointment at the time but even the Europa League would be massive for our development. I still think we’ll get top 4 mind. 

Starting to worry about Spurs now, only 9 points behind so if they win all the games they have left and we lose  all ours and they turn round a goal difference that is worse than us by 27 goals it could still happen.

8 minutes ago, dcmk said:

Seems surreal to think that until recently I r really feared we would lose out to Spurs in the race for a CL place.

They were our main rivals before we smashed them at St James. After that, not so much.

26 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'm worried about Villa. Lol. 

They have a great opportunity given that their next three opponents are the three teams directly in front of them in the table.

I think they’re toast if they end up losing to Wolves today though.

6 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Yeah I guess I was thinking more that they had an opportunity to sneak into Europe given their remaining schedule.

I mean, I hope Nut was joking. :kinnear:

Isn't everybody just in the cautiously optimistic camp and the most bed wetting is about people stating that its not certain, because what is?

Edited by Jonas

3 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Isn't everybody just in the cautiously optimistic camp and the most bed wetting is about people stating that its not certain, because what is?

Like its even different to any set of fans anywhere with the possible exceptions of Bayern and Man City.

If it was just that it wouldn't be bed wetting.

5 minutes ago, ilikenewcastle said:

I think it's Liverpool's hardest game for a while, but at home I reckon they'll just sneak it.

VAR will see to that.

7 minutes ago, 54 said:

Villa can no longer finish above us, so we're now guaranteed Europa League football at the very least next season.

Already were. Spurs play Villa so both couldn’t finish above us. Great achievement with 5 games left. 

Just now, Decky said:

Already were. Spurs play Villa so both couldn’t finish above us. Great achievement with 5 games left. 

That was Europa Conference 

I don't think Europa League is mathematically done yet since Spurs won