The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Despite all the talk of our poor start, if we win the next two games (Sheff Utd away and Burnley at home), for what my estimate is worth,  we will be above the points total predicted for the end of September, which would be compatible with a sixth place finish (taking into account relative difficulty of games at different stages of the season). 

Think the talk of a poor start is more about the performances rather than the points accumelated.

On 17/09/2023 at 07:45, black_n_white said:

For me finishing top 7 will be fine, any form of European football next season should be the minimum. I think Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal will be clear of everyone by Christmas.

Would be very happy with Europa League next season. Has the added bonus of Champ League drop-outs finally being halted.

Our squad isn't good enough to consistently chase top 4.

Edited by Turnbull2000

Top four will depend on whether we can raise our game and find an effective way to implement our game. We had spells where we looked similarly lost last season, then we switched up a gear and looked a different beast altogether. I'm hoping that's all it is, because there's no doubt our football isn't where you would want at this stage of the season, regardless of results.

The midfield's not clicked, the wide right area's still a problem, and as a team we still look disjointed. The two areas I'm not really that concerned about are left wing and up front. I think if we can get the football going across the other areas of the pitch, we have good strikers who'll score goals.

5 hours ago, NWMag said:

I think City Arsenal top 2.

then Liverpool, us, Man U, Spurs, Brighton fighting for likely the 3 remaining CL spots. 

I think we’ve got a good chance, depending on cup runs and injuries. 

I expected (and am fine with) some regression, but I'd be a little disappointed if we can't at least finish above one of those teams to get into the Europa League.

City, Liverpool, then two from Brighton, Arsenal, Us and Spurs. Spurs and Brighton have question marks regarding their staying power. I actually think we have more potential for consistency with our squad.

Will more than happily shithouse 5th and a CL spot. Thank you and goodnight.

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Spurs, Liverpool, Brighton also probably has a better start than last season. It will be hard but the fixtures are better from now on.

Pretty sure Spurs were getting points at a good rate. We were neck & neck with them for a while. Last 1/3 of the season they capitulated.

Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal will all likely finish in the top 3 spots I would say.

So it's a race between 5 other clubs for the 4th and 5th spot. Brighton, Villa, Spurs, Man Utd and Newcastle. 

Obviously Spurs have an advantage over the other 4 by not having European football so that could well swing it their way for 4th spot.

16 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Some might even call it a must win.

They are toothless up front and they dont park the bus being quite naive. Dont like to say stuff like this, but we should beat them easy.

Edited by nufc123

Just on fixtures so far, but Tottenham have played three of the current bottom four. We have played (and lost to) all of the top three, two of them away from home.

Stats suggest Chelsea are better than their results, although that also happened under Potter. On top of their injuries, Man U have effectively lost Sancho and Anthony for the time being. With CL expectations too, they need to hang in there and grind out some results with whoever they can get on the pitch. Even if Ten Hag has a vision of where he wants to take them, the emphasis may need to be getting what he can out of what he has available. 

9 hours ago, nufc123 said:

They are toothless up front and they dont park the bus being quite naive. Dont like to say stuff like this, but we should beat them easy.

It isn’t a must win but it is a game that should be considered as us giving points away if we don’t win it, they are better than Sheffield United but still a relegation battling team who will be down around the bottom near the end of the season.

11 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Not sure arsenal are as good this season, havertz proper upsets their balance and they’re starting with nketiah  over Jesus for some mad reason.

Both valid points. I think the way they lost their grip on a game with their local rivals on Sunday might also come back to haunt them. Other teams are going to look at that and think they can be got at. I was a bit disappointed at our performances against them last season, especially as we bullied them with a worse side the season before.