The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

I'd just as soon miss out on Europe altogether if its Confrence League.

Speaking as someone who experienced a lot of it pre Ashley that's easy of course.

But as were contenders for bigger things, unless we massively strengthen the squad (and even then) its not going to help.  In our current state with 2-3 additions, we couldn't cope with it.

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

And Don't forget, Spurs are shit 

The shit team that are 4th. We are no better then. Plus they got star players going forward. Easy fixtures also. A lot will depend on Wolves and Forest.

Just now, nufc123 said:

The shit team that are 4th. We are no better then. Plus they got star players going forward. Easy fixtures also. A lot will depend on Wolves and Forest.

They're 4th now but they're shit, their luck has to run out imo.

People saying we can't get top 4 or 6 are the same as those who used to say 10/10 for relegation when we were 1 point off 4th bottom with 10 games left I assume :lol: 

Maybe some people do it to reverse jinx the situation but look at the table and the chances we're creating and the 100+ years of football where teams have gone on good runs and bad runs. And our rivals aren't going to win every game either.

The next 2 games are massive. The turnaround in form needs to begin very soon and if it does then we've got every chance of finishing 4th-6th. We were always going to have a bad patch, hopefully ours is nearly done with. Way too soon to be saying it's all over. 

If we get no form of European football there’ll be a lot of uncomfortable questions asked given we were only 3 points off 8th last season having not turned up for the first half of it.  

Doesn’t bear thinking about really. I think I said 8th was the minimum aim in summer but given we were 3rd halfway though the season it would represent a pretty blatant downward trend. Be interested to know how people would consider an 8th placed season given how much better we should be than last season in theory. 

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

They're 4th now but they're shit, their luck has to run out imo.

Bit naive calling them shit when we cant even pull off a win against Leeds, Palace, West Ham or Bournemouth. Cant find one advantage we have over Spurs right now. 4th was always difficult and its not the end of the world if we miss out. 

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

Bit naive calling them shit when we cant even pull off a win against Leeds, Palace, West Ham or Bournemouth. Cant find one advantage we have over Spurs right now. 4th was always difficult and its not the end of the world if we miss out. 

Tottenham have lost to:

Wolves (A), Leicester (A), Villa (H), Newcastle (H), Nottingham Forest (A), Sheffied United (A) .

This season.

5 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

I've watched them all season. They're definitely shit. Kane and Kule have carried them completely and they've been incredibly lucky,  scoring from very few chances and riding their luck. Meanwhile 100% of our dip is due to poor finishing imo.

Edited by Kid Icarus

9 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Agreed. They grind out a lot of points and Harry Kane keeps popping up scoring goals. We can't score on open goals. But its all on us. Just need to fucking put at least some of the chances we get served.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I've watched them all season. They're definitely shit. Kane and Kule have carried them completely and they've been incredibly lucky,  scoring from very few chances and riding their luck. Meanwhile 100% of our dip is due to poor finishing imo.

They are very up and down, but acting like they are shit and we will surpass them as soon as our balls are flying in I dont buy that. They have the best fixtures in the league up until they meet us.

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

They are very up and down, but acting like they are shit and we will surpass them as soon as our balls are flying in I dont buy that. They have the best fixtures in the league up until they meet us.

I'm not acting like anything, I've watched every one of their matches and haven't seen them play well once aside from Palace away, not even exaggerating. Even when they win it's unconvincing, my point is that their knack for squeaking out results while playing badly, often from behind, isn't sustainable.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

From what i've seen of Spurs this season, vs what I've seen of us. We are easily a more cohesive and efficient team, play the better football, and look the more threatening, they just have better players which can bail them out, which has happened time and again this season.

11 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Man Utd with Rashford and Spurs having Kane are the differences between us. Soon as we get a player like that which we will at some point, we're laughing.

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

From what i've seen of Spurs this season, vs what I've seen of us. We are easily a more cohesive and efficient team, play the better football, and look the more threatening, they just have better players which can bail them out, which has happened time and again this season.

Dont disagree with that.