The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

614 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

46 minutes ago, Abacus said:

4 games without Casemiro could be huge for Man U.

Beat them at St James's and we'd really put the wind up both them and Spurs,who I'd love to see implode under Conte.

Rather be aiming at two chances to get past a team for top 4 instead of one.

Man Utd have tricky games. Us, Brighton, Spurs away. Chelsea at home isn't a walk over. Especially if they reach both finals. Going to be really interesting end to season.

Seemed to remember Liverpool went above us on goal difference after beating Man United 7-0, yet we are now 5 points ahead having won two games and them losing one, did I imagine they were above us on goal difference after that game?

4 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

Seemed to remember Liverpool went above us on goal difference after beating Man United 7-0, yet we are now 5 points ahead having won two games and them losing one, did I imagine they were above us on goal difference after that game?

You are correct after week 26 they + 1 point and +1 GD, though we had a game in hand

image.thumb.png.676f62abc3d7e13a8b9f2f78dd8223d2.png

Last weekend we then had +1 GD and +2 points after we won 2-1 and they lost 1-0 and we still had a game in hand.s

Now we've both played 26 we have 47 pt +20GD and they have 42 pt and +18GD

Amazing turn around considering they won 7-0 and we lost 2-0 two weeks ago!

Two points behind Spurs with 2 games in hand, and we play Man United next which should we win we'll go ahead of them with the same games played. Huge 24 hours really.

1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Spurs won't finish top 4 imo. Think it'll be Liverpool. Either way, they're there for the taking.

I’d be over the moon with any kind of European football next but to see Spurs flail and miss out on the CL would be a lovely little Brucey Bonus.

11 minutes ago, SteV said:

West Ham winning the Conference League won’t have any impact on the qualification places will it?

Not sure. I'd love someone to come out and explain all this, things could get messy if West Ham and Chelsea win in Europe while finishing outside the top 7 (though Chelsea surely won't win the CL).

11 minutes ago, ilikenewcastle said:

Not sure. I'd love someone to come out and explain all this, things could get messy if West Ham and Chelsea win in Europe while finishing outside the top 7 (though Chelsea surely won't win the CL).

Chelsea winning the CL wouldn't affect 4th getting CL. England would get 5 places. It only becomes an issue if both the CL and Europa was won by teams outside the top 4, as England can't have 6 places. 

https://www.premierleague.com/european-qualification-explained

Edited by Superior Acuña

1 minute ago, Superior Acuña said:

Chelsea winning the CL wouldn't affect 4th getting CL. England would get 5 places. It only becomes an issue if both the CL and Europa was won by teams outside the top 4, as England can't have 6 places. 

That's good to know. I remember our push for top 4 under Pardew was overshadowed by the prospect of Chelsea winning the CL and stealing a place from the team that got 4th.

27 minutes ago, ilikenewcastle said:

That's good to know. I remember our push for top 4 under Pardew was overshadowed by the prospect of Chelsea winning the CL and stealing a place from the team that got 4th.

I remember when spurs lost out on the CL for that reason. I think Redknapp was in charge. Spurs owe a lot to Redknapp as well. They were a mid table club same as us.

1 hour ago, Disco said:

I’d be over the moon with any kind of European football next but to see Spurs flail and miss out on the CL would be a lovely little Brucey Bonus.

There’s a lot of hatred for other teams on here I just can’t keep up. Must be because I’ve lived in north London for 18 years and had a flat mate who was a yid (still one of my best mates now, speaking to him tonight and he says he doesn’t want poch back yet as this “sack of shit” players will tarnish his reputation) is why I can’t hate them. 

also moving to Leicester now and my wife and her family being massive Leicester fans means I can’t hate them. I also work in Nottingham alongside a lot of forest fans and no doubt I’ll be having a crack with them in the office on Monday.

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

I had a quick glance through the fixtures and landed on 18 points on first look.

That seems like a reasonable and achievable target, I reckon.  

That would put us on 65 points. That wouldn't be enough for top 4 based on the last 3 seasons but we'd only potentially need 2/3 more points to do it.

3 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

also moving to Leicester now and my wife and her family being massive Leicester fans means I can’t hate them. I also work in Nottingham alongside a lot of forest fans and no doubt I’ll be having a crack with them in the office on Monday.

Can't hate Nottingham Forest.  And Leicester.

Hope you can still hate Sunderland, otherwise life is going to be intolerable.

8 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

There’s a lot of hatred for other teams on here I just can’t keep up. Must be because I’ve lived in north London for 18 years and had a flat mate who was a yid (still one of my best mates now, speaking to him tonight and he says he doesn’t want poch back yet as this “sack of shit” players will tarnish his reputation) is why I can’t hate them. 

Fair, I have petty to semi-genuine to genuine reasons to dislike more or less every club tbf. Spurs I didn’t mind as much under Poch so it’s a bit of a sliding scale depending on the circumstances of the day. 

The more I care about Newcastle, the more I dislike other clubs. Find it fairly easy to dislike other clubs really, a bad comment, tackle, referee decision, fan interaction. Anything really and I’m happy to write them off 

1 hour ago, SteV said:

West Ham winning the Conference League won’t have any impact on the qualification places will it?

No, especially since they won't win it.

Edited by TRon

13 minutes ago, GideonShandy said:

Can't hate Nottingham Forest.  And Leicester.

Hope you can still hate Sunderland, otherwise life is going to be intolerable.

Would you believe it if I actually told you my dad is a mackem and goes to all the games as is my brother but as I was born in Wallsend Newcastle (we lived in leam lane, Gateshead) I made my own mind up and supported Newcastle. My mam and both sets of grandparents are Newcastle supporters. My mams brother supports Sunderland but my dads sister and her three kids all support Newcastle.   One thing we never do is slag off each other’s team as we’ve learned to become tolerable.

We’rea messed up family and nothings straight forward.

Edited by Gawalls

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Next game week 

Liverpool v City 

Everton v Spurs 

Brighton v Brentford 

Us v Man United 

Tasty.

That is a really good set of fixtures - want Brighton to draw I reckon