The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

615 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

4 minutes ago, Beth said:

7th would get us conference league regardless if Man U or Chelsea finish in 6th and win the cup.

True, Chelsea more likely to screw us over.

Just now, timeEd32 said:

True, Chelsea more likely to screw us over.

Given their financial outlays - wonder if UEFA will let them in?

32 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

5th and 6th goes to EL and 7th to ECL then...

Unless Chelsea turnover city and it's 5th in EL and 6th ECL

We could well end up finishing 7th and not qualifying for Europe, which would be a massive shame

but we’d have more leeway in summer with PSR? Or is that the 24/25

Spurs missed out on CL that season when we fluked fifth under Pardew thanks to an English team winning the CL, now they'll miss out on CL thanks to English teams being shite in Europe :lol:

6 minutes ago, GideonShandy said:

If Italy and Germany get the two 5th place slots, is that forever, or do the coefficients get recalculated at some interval?

Recalculates every year.

How have Italy done so well in getting the extra spot? Just their progress in the Europa League? They have 1 team in the quarters of the Conference and none in the quarters of the Champions League, which should surely count for much more than the other two competitions. England had 5 teams reach the quarters across all competitions and may yet have 3 in the semis depending on results later today but are pretty much out of the running now?

I genuinely wouldn't count Liverpool out by the way. Where does it stand if Liverpool and Villa go through?

Edited by Decky

3 minutes ago, Decky said:

How have Italy done so well in getting the extra spot? Just their progress in the Europa League? They have 1 team in the quarters of the Conference and none in the quarters of the Champions League, which should surely count for much more than the other two competitions. England had 5 teams reach the quarters across all competitions and may yet have 3 in the semis depending on results later today but are pretty much out of the running now?

I genuinely wouldn't count Liverpool out by the way. Where does it stand if Liverpool and Villa go through?

I don't think the points are weighted by competition, so a win in the CL is the same as a win in the ECL.

Unless two of Liverpool/WHU/Villa get through tomorrow night it's pretty much over for the 5th CL spot.

19 minutes ago, Beth said:

I don't think the points are weighted by competition, so a win in the CL is the same as a win in the ECL.

Unless two of Liverpool/WHU/Villa get through tomorrow night it's pretty much over for the 5th CL spot.

That's right It's not weighted apart from the CL group stage I think it has an extra bump. 

28 minutes ago, Decky said:

They have 1 team in the quarters of the Conference and none in the quarters of the Champions League, which should surely count for much more than the other two competitions.

I prefer it this way, the top elite teams will qualify to CL every year in any case. Taking into account the 5-7 placed teams in Europa and Conference almost equally makes a lot of sense considering they are usually the ones taking that potential extra spot.

12 hours ago, Beth said:

7th would get us conference league regardless if Man U or Chelsea finish in 6th and win the cup.

You just know if one of them wins the FA Cup they'll finish 8th in the league.

Chelsea would have to go on a mean run to get 6th and win the FA Cup. 

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

You just know if one of them wins the FA Cup they'll finish 8th in the league.

Chelsea would have to go on a mean run to get 6th and win the FA Cup. 

Or Coventry could win it[emoji38]

10 hours ago, Beth said:

Just to add to this, if Liverpool and WHU go out but at least win on the night it would be of some help.....

just seen that Villa have two very winnable home games (v Bournemouth and Chelsea) before Spurs play again (v Arsenal at home)

assuming Villa win those games, they'll be 9 points clear of Spurs - the pressure on them to then beat Arsenal would be massive 

if they don't beat Arsenal, I can see them throwing the towel in completely - even more so for the season with 5th not getting CL

I would be delighted with 6th/7th but 5th would be epic  

12 minutes ago, Beth said:

Well those results tonight mean the 5th CL place is going to Germany.

Well seeing as we aren't finishing 5th I don't really give a shit.

8 minutes ago, TRon said:

Well seeing as we aren't finishing 5th I don't really give a shit.

You probably would if we finished 8th.

3 minutes ago, Beth said:

You probably would if we finished 8th.

Let me just enjoy tonight, I can dwell on the consequences if and when that happens.

34 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

So we need city to win fa cup, for 6th to be Europa?

7th to be Europe. 6th is guaranteed Europe due to Liverpool winning the Carabao Cup. Will then move to 7th if Man City win the FA cup or if one of the others win and finish in the top 6