Sheffield Wednesday vs. Newcastle United - 7/1/23 @ 6pm - FA Cup (BBC One)

HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Aye, let's put our strongest lineup in and knack all our best players. We don't have the squad to attack 3 competitions, this lineup should have enough to beat a L1 side 

It really should. They have been long enough under Howe to know their roles

Happy enough with that team. If it's good enough to win the match, great, if not, then there's two more important matches coming up in the next 8 days.

I know an extra match isn't great in terms of less time for Eddie to prepare for other matches, and more of a distraction, but since there's like 7/8 who won't normally start there, a replay in front of large numbers, possibly on TV again (depending on other results), and a chance for young'uns to actually watch us again, I wouldn't be too fussed if it was an injury free draw.

Probably the least bothered I've been heading into a Newcastle match since Cambridge last year.

9 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

He was shocking at Tranmere! 

I know, I was there. 

These kind of teams always worry me. Yes it's better than the opposition on paper but half the problem is that they will have never played together.

Just now, Paullow said:

Happy enough with that team. If it's good enough to win the match, great, if not, then there's two more important matches coming up in the next 8 days.

I know an extra match isn't great in terms of less time for Eddie to prepare for other matches, and more of a distraction, but since there's like 7/8 who won't normally start there, a replay in front of large numbers, possibly on TV again (depending on other results), and a chance for young'uns to actually watch us again, I wouldn't be too fussed if it was an injury free draw.

Probably the least bothered I've been heading into a Newcastle match since Cambridge last year.

I was mighty bothered coming out of the match tbf.

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I know, I was there. 

These kind of teams always worry me. Yes it's better than the opposition on paper but half the problem is that they will have never played together.

For sure, but what do you do? We can’t play our first team and it’s also important that some of these players get minutes in case of injuries later in the season 

Just now, McDog said:

I was mighty bothered coming out of the match tbf.

It was a weird feeling because we obviously went for it. It was far stronger, relatively, than it is today, and bar a striker, pretty much full strength, and since we had won 1 of 21 matches that season, it really did feel a case of when the next win would come, but a pretty embarrassing exit considering we went strong and were at home to a bottom half 3rd tier side.

2 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Are Sheff Wed playing they're usual/strongest team? I know they're doing well in their league but not much clue about their players

They have made 5 changes from their last league game 

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Are Sheff Wed playing they're usual/strongest team? I know they're doing well in their league but not much clue about their players

It's a surprisingly strong team judging by their forum.

2 changes according to Linekar.