Sheffield Wednesday vs. Newcastle United - 7/1/23 @ 6pm - FA Cup (BBC One)

HaydnNUFC

15 minutes ago, looneytoon said:

Anyone heard anything about a falling out between ASM and Howe? Really hoping this is not true

I haven’t watched that video but I’ve been hearing stuff like this for months which was why I thought he’d be sold last Summer.

Just now, RS said:

Was he in the team when Cambridge beat us at home?

Yep, he played as a striker and he was absolutely hoop. It was definitely that game which caused us to rush the Wood signing through as we desperately needed a focal point.

I would be gutted if he left :( he's such a likeable character. Having said that, going forward we would need somebody who is more consistent and does the off the ball graft as well, (at least in the league games).

He would be class in European games imo. More time and space to do what he does best.

Edited by Klaus

39 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Paully’s pre-match tweets have taken on the status of Bruno’s for me. Essential parts of the matchday experience now. Full marks for that breakfast of kings.

I mean your insides can’t be looking good after digesting that concoction at any time of the day.

I'm desperate for ASM to be a success under Howe, he could be great for us. Against arsenal they were camped deep in our half for long periods after Wood came on and we were crying out for someone who'd push them back a bit just through fear. He scares opposition players just by existing sometimes and that's an important trait that nobody else in the squad has.

And yes I know we got a point which is great and that he came on at the death but by then they were just having to commit everyone forward out of desperation, damn the consequences.

I know my mates youngun travelled down with the squad Lewis Miley. Mind you he has travelled with them quite a bit so not sure if he would even be on the bench maybe more of a getting used to being with the first team thing. 

1 hour ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Have a feeling there could be an upset tonight especially if he plays fringe players like Wood, Murphy, Lascelles etc. Hopefully Im proven completely wrong and the lads put on a decent performance!

:indi:

All good bar Wood imo

40 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Hahaha what a weapon that Baz is. I don’t know about other clubs but we must be on the higher end of having people just making up utter shite??

Think all teams have them especially when anyone can make money from having YouTube channels so they chat shit to get people to watch them

Hello Newcastle fans. We are excited to play a big club today...

14 unbeaten for us so don't expect an easy game 🎯

Watch out for the pace and power of dele bash in the middle....Callum Peterson's demonic running around..

And Josh windass who just scored a hatrick whilst looking grumpy..

Edited by Ravenwednesday

2 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

Would be very very surprised if Howe falls out with players for any longer than a training session. He's just not that type of manager. Would look to sort the issue out quickly and move on. 

You just need to take Fraser as an example. If there was any player in the world he could hold a grudge against it'd be him for not extended beyond the Covid restart yet he was one of his key players in the first couple of months back here for him.

23 minutes ago, Ravenwednesday said:

Hello Newcastle fans. We are excited to play a big club today...

14 unbeaten for us so don't expect an easy game 🎯

Watch out for the pace and power of dele bash in the middle....Callum Peterson's demonic running around..

And Josh windass who just scored a hatrick whilst looking grumpy..

Hi Wednesday fan in peace [emoji38]

good luck today , I like Sheff We’d , got arrested when Andy Cole scored the winner yonks ago. I think it will be tough for us and pens will settle it.