League Cup Semi Final: Southampton (a)/(h) on Tuesday 24th/31st January at 8pm (Sky)

1 hour ago, LV said:

Some people do seem to be stuck in the past 

We just got knocked out of the FA Cup in the third round to a League 1 team less than a week ago. That's pretty 'past NUFC' to me tbf. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Probably all :lol: I have access to a ST so I’m sorted regardless (if we get there….) , but I do think members who’ve attended all cup games deserve just as equal a chance.

Well said that man. Don’t think we’re going to get an equal chance though. 

9 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Well said that man. Don’t think we’re going to get an equal chance though. 

Wouldn’t be so sure. I’m sure there’s plenty who will disagree, as is ever the case with ticketing, but this competition is (sort of) irrelevant to having a season ticket for league games. So if you’ve attended cup games, you should really be near the top of the pile imo. Thankfully for many, my opinion means shit. 

Man Utd are away at Arsenal (4:30pm ko) on Sunday 22nd, whereas us and Southampton both play Saturday 21st. So looks nailed on first leg will Tuesday 24th.

*unless they did something funky like playing one on the Thursday but I doubt it

55 minutes ago, jack j said:

Says who?

That’s how it worked in ‘98 and ‘99.  I got a ticket for ‘98 as I’d went to the home games, but rejected in ‘99 as I didn’t - despite going to more than a dozen away games that year. 

edit: I still went in ‘99.  Got one through a mate of a mate.  It was pricey though.  

Edited by TheBrownBottle

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

That’s how it worked in ‘98 and ‘99.  I got a ticket for ‘98 as I’d went to the home games, but rejected in ‘99 as I didn’t - despite going to more than a dozen away games that year. 

I know our box office are often a bit archaic in some of the way they do things, but I’m not sure I’d be expecting them to be adhering to the same policy they used 25 years ago…

40 minutes ago, Adam said:

How many fans have loyalty points but aren't also ST holders? I have ST but I can't do away games (even if I wanted to now, I'm not sure I'd ever get a ticket mind). I'm sure the club will have to find a balance between ST holders, those with points and members. I've seen 32k season ticket holders, how many of them will actually want a ticket?

Only season ticket holders have loyalty points.

49 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Looks gutted.

His post match interview was quite bizzare too :lol: Just seemed to be rambling on for ages about stuff like being a born again Christian and how he hopes he won't get abuse from the Southampton fans on his way home for once tonight.

1 minute ago, Jaqen said:

His post match interview was quite bizzare too :lol: Just seemed to be rambling on for ages about stuff like being a born again Christian and how he hopes he won't get abuse from the Southampton fans on his way home for once tonight.

Is he a Christian?  Funny, he never mentions it ;) 

5 minutes ago, SteV said:

I know our box office are often a bit archaic in some of the way they do things, but I’m not sure I’d be expecting them to be adhering to the same policy they used 25 years ago…

Aye, that's not an unreasonable assumption!  If they'd followed what they did in '74 and '76, they'd have been asking to see coupons from the programmes from the earlier rounds ...

The tunnel end was a total jinx. Us everytime but pretty much every game i can distinctly remember an end for.

No idea what the topograhpy is now or whether to needlessly worry or needlessly not worry enough.... in the hypothetical event.

2 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

The tunnel end was a total jinx. Us everytime but pretty much every game i can distinctly remember an end for.

No idea what the topograhpy is now or whether to needlessly worry or needlessly not worry enough.... in the hypothetical event.

Been there 4 times (Charity Shield, FA Cup Final x2, us one Semi Final and yes we had that same end every time. Assumed it's because we are the most Northern club.

2 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Been there 4 times (Charity Shield, FA Cup Final x2, us one Semi Final and yes we had that same end every time. Assumed it's because we are the most Northern club.

Feel your pain (brotha!) at least you’ve/we’ve seen us score at Wembley (once…). 

24 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

edit: I still went in ‘99.  Got one through a mate of a mate.  It was pricey though.  

I might have got your ticket in 1999.

I didn't get one for 98. Me and a mate who went to games against Barnsley an Watford in 13k crowds together sat at home whist our other mates who didn't go until Keegan and not a handful of away games between them got tickets. Had a bond, a season ticket, went to all the home cup games and about 7-9 away games that year. (Two of the lads that got tickets didn't go to any) Even applied for Southampton away to keep my points/credit up as we were on a run by then.

99 - went to two cup games and let someone else have my ticket for the second half of the season. No away games. But got a ticket.

Seems like it was just pot luck. Or guilty conscience on the ticket offices part second time around.

Edited by Jonas

6 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

2 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

My seat for '98 was right next to the tunnel - the bloke behind me got Stuart Pearce's top when he chucked it into the crowd.  It also meant a big zoom in of my sunburnt face was on the backpage of the Journal on the Monday.

My dad was in a similar seat in '96 (mine was closer to the halfway line) - he managed to get his programme signed by Warren Barton.  Which pretty much summed the day up tbh.

1 minute ago, Jonas said:

I might have got your ticket in 1999.

I didn't get one for 98. Me and a mate who went to games against Barnsley an Watford in 13k crowds together sat at home whist our other mates who didn't go until Keegan got tickets. Had a bond, a season ticket, went to all the home cup games and about 7-9 away games that year. (Two of the lads that got ticket didn't go to one) Even applied for Southampton away to keep my points/credit up as we were on a run by then.

99 - went to two cup games neither in my name as I let someone else have my ticket for the second half of the season. No away games. But got a ticket.

Seems like it was just pot luck. Or guilty conscience on the ticket offices part second time around.

Yeah, I suspect that organising c.23,000 tickets for season ticket holders meant that there was a huge element of randomness to it - sounds like you were pretty screwed over in '98.

I'll forgive you for '99 if you send me a '23 ticket if we make it ;)