League Cup Semi Final: Southampton (a)/(h) on Tuesday 24th/31st January at 8pm (Sky)

9 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Managed to book afternoon off work 1st Feb, so fingers crossed that's the home date and I can get a ticket. 

Reckon you’d be better off going for the 31st tbh

18 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Managed to book afternoon off work 1st Feb, so fingers crossed that's the home date and I can get a ticket. 

The home game is scheduled for 31st . Obviously might change for tvimage.thumb.png.bc63f7fdfb78fe6db21e33639a4efc53.png

5 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Both games arent on the same day. Man Utd are playing Sunday 22nd. So their first leg will be a Wed. Hence means our 2nd leg is a Wed 

Fair enough :thup:

11 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Why?

They won’t have both games on the same day. One will be Tuesday and one Wednesday. Obviously looks like Man Utd first leg will be Wednesday. So I’d guess they’ll go Wed/Wed and we’ll go Tues/Tues

29 minutes ago, Nepharite said:

There’s rumours that Manure want Kyle Walker Peters, arguably one of Southampton’s better players as a replacement for Wan Bissaka if/when they sell him this month.

Yes please. Take him out of Southampton’s side for the semi final and then cup tied if we play them in the final :lol: 

What kind of fat stacks do we receive for getting to the semis, anyone know the prize money / TV cash? I know it won’t be huge but if we finish top 6 and have this extra cash as well, it will surely help us to speed up our spending power a bit 

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

They won’t have both games on the same day. One will be Tuesday and one Wednesday. Obviously looks like Man Utd first leg will be Wednesday. So I’d guess they’ll go Wed/Wed and we’ll go Tues/Tues

You play Tue/Wed or Wed/Tue. With Man U playing Sunday 22nd, I am certain the home leg is 1st February.

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

What kind of fat stacks do we receive for getting to the semis, anyone know the prize money / TV cash? I know it won’t be huge but if we finish top 6 and have this extra cash as well, it will surely help us to speed up our spending power a bit 

Free Carabao Energy Drink: Low Calorie Fruity Energy Drink for life

6 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

You play Tue/Wed or Wed/Tue. With Man U playing Sunday 22nd, I am certain the home leg is 1st February.

They went Tues/Tues and Wed/Wed last year mind. Don’t know how the other fixtures at the time for those teams involved effected things though.

10 minutes ago, gbandit said:

League Cup winners receive £100,000 prize money (awarded by the Football League) with the runners-up receiving £50,000, so can’t see it even paying for a week of Chris Woods wages, sadly.

Bet365 current outright odds:

Man Utd 5/6

Newcastle 6/4

Southampton 11/1

Nottm Forest 12/1

I doubt we'll ever have been as short as 6/4 to win a cup since at least the 70s (if odds were even a thing then). Certainly in the two 90's FA Cup finals we would have been more as we were playing the respective league champions on both occasions as a midtable club, and nothing else would have come close. We'd have been a big outsider in the 2005 SF vs Man Utd, and Marseille 2004 UEFA Cup SF was probably 50/50 at best, and potentially a very strong Valencia in the final if we got there.

Just realised, with making the SF, that will be ELEVEN matches in a row on TV [emoji38]

7 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Bet365 current outright odds:

Man Utd 5/6

Newcastle 6/4

Southampton 11/1

Nottm Forest 12/1

I doubt we'll ever have been as short as 6/4 to win a cup since at least the 70s (if odds were even a thing then). Certainly in the two 90's FA Cup finals we would have been more as we were playing the respective league champions on both occasions as a midtable club, and nothing else would have come close. We'd have been a big outsider in the 2005 SF vs Man Utd, and Marseille 2004 UEFA Cup SF was probably 50/50 at best, and potentially a very strong Valencia in the final if we got there.

Just realised, with making the SF, that will be ELEVEN matches in a row on TV [emoji38]

Will almost certainly be 12 as Man City (A) is the next game after the TV run.

17 minutes ago, Manxst said:

League Cup winners receive £100,000 prize money (awarded by the Football League) with the runners-up receiving £50,000, so can’t see it even paying for a week of Chris Woods wages, sadly.

Ooof, genuinely is kidney garden football stakes