League Cup Semi Final: Southampton (a)/(h) on Tuesday 24th/31st January at 8pm (Sky)

One thing that is disappointing that I don’t think anyone has commented on is the second phase of ST holders attempting a different seat or holding off to get a seat alongside a friend who is a member (and therefore risk losing their own) is they’ve chosen the morning 3200 are likely to be driving at the wheel/travelling with intermittent signal towards Southampton for the first leg ? You’d think with initial sale starting tomorrow that phase two could’ve commence at a much earlier date like the Thursday or Monday to avoid those at Crystal Palace. Not saying they are perfect alternatives but Tuesday morning seems very ill thought out.

15 minutes ago, LFEE said:

One thing that is disappointing that I don’t think anyone has commented on is the second phase of ST holders attempting a different seat or holding off to get a seat alongside a friend who is a member (and therefore risk losing their own) is they’ve chosen the morning 3200 are likely to be driving at the wheel/travelling with intermittent signal towards Southampton for the first leg ? You’d think with initial sale starting tomorrow that phase two could’ve commence at a much earlier date like the Thursday or Monday to avoid those at Crystal Palace. Not saying they are perfect alternatives but Tuesday morning seems very ill thought out.

Second phase opens on the Monday, not the Tuesday.

Gen sale is the Tuesday.

From the conversation @tommo has had with the Box Office it seems they HAVEN’T scrapped the one extra for ST holders, so it’s effectively the same as the Leicester game. 

Shite communication from them either way.

That was my take of it originally like. As you say though it wasn't very clear...its always been said that season ticket holders are members in the past so thought it was abit controversial to all of a sudden not allow it...

3 hours ago, SteV said:

From the conversation @tommo has had with the Box Office it seems they HAVEN’T scrapped the one extra for ST holders, so it’s effectively the same as the Leicester game. 

Shite communication from them either way.

The email we got yesterday was perfectly clear that this was the case.

It may have been mentioned already, but can anyone advise.... I need 2 for me and my daughter, she has a junior magpie membership so I can wait and get us 2 together (hopefully!) next week, but I was debating buying my own seat today, if I do, would I still be able to purchase 2 when they're released to season tickets and members next week?

Waiting to get through to the box office to ask but I'm at work so can't sit waiting for too long.

Edited by Wilson

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

It may have been mentioned already, but can anyone advise.... I need 2 for me and my daughter, she has a junior magpie membership so I can wait and get us 2 together (hopefully!) next week, but I was debating buying my own seat today, if I do, would I still be able to purchase 2 when they're released to season tickets and members next week?

Waiting to get through to the box office to ask but I'm at work so can't sit waiting for too long.

In exactly the same boat myself! Currently 1465th in the queue for me season ticket seat...don't know whether to just wait or not

7 minutes ago, jack j said:

In exactly the same boat myself! Currently 1465th in the queue for me season ticket seat...don't know whether to just wait or not

Aye it's not ideal, looking at the site you can't buy another if you buy your own seat today.  With her just being a Junior Magpie I don't know if it'll even let me buy one with her membership next week.

Think I'm going to have to wait and try to get 2 together next Monday, not great as it's going to be a massive scramble.

12 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Aye it's not ideal, looking at the site you can't buy another if you buy your own seat today.  With her just being a Junior Magpie I don't know if it'll even let me buy one with her membership next week.

Think I'm going to have to wait and try to get 2 together next Monday, not great as it's going to be a massive scramble.

I've just bought mine

Shes gonna hate me if I can't work something out before the game ? couldn't take the risk though...sure she'll forget....

Btw if anyone outside of Newcastle is thinking of staying over and travelling back the day after the semi final like I was they’ve announced train strikes for the 1st feb. Unsure what companies or routes are affected tho 

31 minutes ago, gdm said:

Btw if anyone outside of Newcastle is thinking of staying over and travelling back the day after the semi final like I was they’ve announced train strikes for the 1st feb. Unsure what companies or routes are affected tho 

If we get to the final they’ll just go on the piss until the trains are back on :lol:

I think if we get to the final and there is strikes people would walk if needed :lol: The Jarra march all over again.

I'm being serious too. I bet there's coach companies in the North East who are praying for us to get to the final + there be strikes, and I can hardly blame them after they would have basically lost 18/24 months of income during COVID.

2 hours ago, jonny1403 said:

Which was in complete contrast to info initially put out on the ticket site.

However, it does appear the email is the correct source.

3 hours ago, jonny1403 said:

No it wasn’t. It read alternative seat. If they are saying STs can buy an extra ticket it should’ve read additional seat.

Everything I’ve received from the club suggests it’s 1 ticket per person only this time.

3 hours ago, jack j said:

I've just bought mine

Shes gonna hate me if I can't work something out before the game ? couldn't take the risk though...sure she'll forget....

Just for info mate... I've spoke to the box office and he told me that I can buy my seat now, then I'll be able to buy an extra 1 with my number and 1 with he bairns number on Monday as season ticket holders are also members. 

I went over it a couple of times to. confirm so if it's wrong I'll be fairly pissed off. 

Specifically says "if your regular PL seat not purchased" above. Guess they just missed out the bit about also being able to buy an extra one. You can do that for league games IIRC?

Never understood why season ticket holders get an extra seat anyway, they already have a ticket by definition.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

18 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Specifically says "if your regular PL seat not purchased" above. Guess they just missed out the bit about also being able to buy an extra one. You can do that for league games IIRC?

Never understood why season ticket holders get an extra seat anyway, they already have a ticket by definition.

I guess it’s a perk of paying at least £600 a year but with demand how it is at the minute it feels like they’re trying to give everyone at least a slim opportunity to see their team.

32 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I know. 

Just relaying what I've been told on the phone from the box office. 

I actually read that bit out as I had it on my screen.  He still said the same. 

We shall see, I'm sceptical. 

He said 'season ticket holders are also members' however it still says one per supporter number on the site, so shit communication whatever the outcome. 

Edited by Wilson

God help us if we win the semi! The demand for tickets at Wembley will be like nothing that stadium has seen before, and that's not even being hyperbolic. 

Obviously I don't know the facts, but I can bet there isn't many other clubs around the world who has such demand for home & away tickets as we have recently. There will be the odd few (Liverpool I bet is high demand) but a lot of their tickets are sold to 'day-tripper' types. I'd wager 95% + of ours are from actual supporters.

The current demand coupled with the fact we've never been to Wembley for a cup game for 23 years (never to the 'new' one for cup game) - I honestly think we could quite easily sell out Wembley by ourselves. Easy.