Anthony Gordon

Jack27

31 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Once hes back from injury its going to be hard for Barnes get back in the team with the way Gordon is playing?

Find it hard to ever see him as starter, with Gordon likely to just get better and better.

Think Barnes might get used for certain situations?

Don't get me wrong I love the squad depth, just interested in where he gets much game time.

When Gordon is serving his suspensions of course :)

But yeah, I can't see Gordon keeping this place up across 50+ matches a season. Or can he..? Been fantastic in every way so far.

7 hours ago, NSG said:

We’ve got a £40m left winger that scored 13 goals last season who hasn’t got a prayer of getting in the team because of this lad :lol: 

Yeah I wonder what will happen with Barnes when he is back! Gordon has made that spot his own, however I can't see us having Barnes on the bench forever, but moving Gordon to the right would interfere with this nice Murphy / Miggy rotation we seem to have

1 minute ago, janpawel said:

Yeah I wonder what will happen with Barnes when he is back! Gordon has made that spot his own, however I can't see us having Barnes on the bench forever, but moving Gordon to the right would interfere with this nice Murphy / Miggy rotation we seem to have

They’ll alternate due to all the massive games we’ll be playing and they’ll be happy to do it because they believe in Eddie and they believe in this club. 

10 minutes ago, alexf said:

I wonder if the Everton fans who thought he was shit and gloated that they robbed us £40m for him have swallowed some humble pie. 

No they say it's just a spell and it's only been 9 games. It's when he get player of the tournament and lifting a world cup they might think otherwise.

13 hours ago, wormy said:

Obviously he's been amazing and is integral but I still can't get my head around the level of consistent end product when it's put like that.

I love him. I want him to be overlooked by England as long as possible. He's ours.

He won't get overlooked having been the U21 player of the tournament. Even a blind man like Southgate can't pretend they don't see him.

48 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

No they say it's just a spell and it's only been 9 games. It's when he get player of the tournament and lifting a world cup they might think otherwise.

To be honest there is no argument where they have done one over us as even if say he was a flop - it's not like they've spent that money in any way that has imroved them from 17th place dogwank hopefuls. They are still the same level of shite.

Same set of fans that argued Dyche was a good appointment at the time when literally anyone with an iota of sense knows he's just another 15th-17th average position manager who is still capable of getting a club relegated. So no change in their situation.

These aren't called scouse mackems for no reason. 

Edited by Amir_9

God he makes things happen. In games where we might be bogged down, like the games against Palace last year as it happens, Bruno off his game or whatever, think Gordon still threatens, runs at people, pulls them out of position and propells our lads into the space and yes, the odd free-kick won.

1 hour ago, Skeletor said:

He won't get overlooked having been the U21 player of the tournament. Even a blind man like Southgate can't pretend they don't see him.

There’s stiff comp at LW. 

I like how close to Wilson he was at times and how he was always in the box when crosses came in. He’s got a forwards/strikers mindset. 

4 hours ago, Jonas said:

God he makes things happen. In games where we might be bogged down, like the games against Palace last year as it happens, Bruno off his game or whatever, think Gordon still threatens, runs at people, pulls them out of position and propells our lads into the space and yes, the odd free-kick won.

ASM is a really talented player but you can see with Gordon the team fluidity is so much better - his pressing is brilliant - makes a lot of unselfish runs - seems his decision making is of a higher level too 

plus love his attitude - yesterday was just a stroll in the park for him 

7 hours ago, kingxlnc said:

I was slightly too young to remember but would you say Sean is more like a Lee Clark type of player or a Rob Lee type of player? Could he become a Rob Lee type. 

Interesting thought. Mad to think rob lee only blossomed about 28 or 29. 

Hard to judge with Rob lee because for me there was 2 great Rob lees, the attacking midfielder goalscoring type and then later the midfield general. Sean is somewhere in-between I think. He's certainly a better bet to get a goal than bruno as hes our anchor. 

Lee Clark was a very intelligent player, a cog in the original entertainer's, but I think seans game is more expansive especially with what is expected of you now as a PL midfielder, eg longstaff covers more ground 

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Absolutely unrepentant what they were doing to his barnet in Merseyide like.

I've said it before, but someone need to pass the word for him to grow out his beard and bash the odd sunbed. Take inspiration from Messi.

Skinfade with the foils and stop dying his hair.

I've watched it a few times now but that turn he does in the build up for the Wilson header chance is brilliant 

His ability to take the ball and move infield in one touch is such an asset, that combined with his pace 

He'll score goals simply because of the positions he'll take up but if he can improve his finishing he could easily be getting close to 15 league goals across a full season and that's what he should be looking to do