Anthony Gordon

Jack27

9 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

I mean Eddie's done wonders for the lad, but there's no fixing that part of him :lol: 

Don't know how many times it needs to be said. But this is unnecessary. I think you both are dead on posters, and I know you guys don't mean anything by it, but dysmorphia really is a crippling issue for a lot of people. And we are leaving a paper trail.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

One thing he's extremely good at is being able to play a quality first time pass or take a touch into space when the ball comes at him with a bit of zip on it.

Not the flashiest thing in the world but not having to take a touch can be massive in terms of not giving defenses time to set.

In general I think it's his best quality. Nothing he does is overly flashy but it all seems very crisply executed compared to most players.

About 5 seconds before Longstaff won that free kick, which he took short, Gordon stopped the ball dead from a long range switch pass. Was beautiful, Brunoesque.

Edit: There's nothing quite like someone controlling the ball from a long range pass. Wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Edited by STM

Just now, duo said:

Gordon's turn around is just another shining example of what an utterly brilliant coach Eddie Howe is.  It is just ridiculous what his coaching has done to this squad.  

There's been no turn around.  

3 minutes ago, madras said:

There's been no turn around.  

He wasn't the player he is now when he was at Everton.  So I think there was.  Eddie saw the potential that 99% of people on here didn't see - including me.

14 minutes ago, duo said:

He wasn't the player he is now when he was at Everton.  So I think there was.  Eddie saw the potential that 99% of people on here didn't see - including me.

He wasn't, he wasn't playing in as good as set up. What he's doing now was always there  he done it for Everton up here but we are going enough to make use of it.

He was surrounded by utter shite at Everton so had to try and make things happen on his own. He's definitely buying into the team ethos here and taking on board what's being asked of him which is credit to both him and the coaching team, but there's 100% an element of him just being able to thrive in a better environment, where he has better players around him. This team and style of play is pretty much the ideal fit for him and he's the ideal fit for the team, most importantly he's making the most of that. I absolutely love him

1 hour ago, Charlies said:

Maxi who? 

Don’t want to shit on Maxi as I really liked him as a personality and a player who offered something pretty unique. However, Gordon is a complete footballer, with a lot of intelligence, huge desire to improve and amazing pace. He’s irreplaceable 

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Don’t want to shit on Maxi as I really liked him as a personality and a player who offered something pretty unique. However, Gordon is a complete footballer, with a lot of intelligence, huge desire to improve and amazing pace. He’s irreplaceable 

yeah I loved Maxi when he was here, it was sort of like the HBA Hope period, but I honestly believe Gordon is going to be one of our “purples” for years to come, can only see him improving under Eddie & co. 

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

There was one sequence where we lost the ball but had players ready to win it back and I noticed he turned upfield and looked for space. Didn't hesitate, just got himself into position to do something.

Gordon just fits us better than ASM because he's a more rounded attacking player. His movement off the ball is the biggest difference - ASM was rarely very good at this for anything other than counters.

What's been so impressive with Gordon this season has been he's shown different qualities in different games. It'd be easy with his speed advantage to be a touchline merchant who waits for the ball to come to him to try and get 1v1, but he mixes it up depending and consistently to good effect.

He's 22, man.

2 hours ago, Skeletor said:

ASM was great when he got on the ball and took players on but I never had confidence in him in a shooting position.

Gordon is 2/3 times the player Maxi was, and I love Maxi. I love wingers that race to the back post when a cross comes in. He has drive, pace, stamina, balance, passing, shooting, crossing, both feet, a mature head, and already a leader and an active team mate. What a buy.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

7 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Obviously he's been amazing and is integral but I still can't get my head around the level of consistent end product when it's put like that.

I love him. I want him to be overlooked by England as long as possible. He's ours.

Once hes back from injury its going to be hard for Barnes get back in the team with the way Gordon is playing?

Find it hard to ever see him as starter, with Gordon likely to just get better and better.

Think Barnes might get used for certain situations?

Don't get me wrong I love the squad depth, just interested in where he gets much game time.