Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Yeah, Isak wasn't one of our best performers for too long earlier in the season to win this. AG has been consistently impressive throughout, with only the odd poor game here and there. He's been very impressive this season and the league award nominees are an absolute joke, however there'll be supporters from loads of clubs looking at that list laughing their tits off at some of the omissions.

AG, Schar, and Bruno have been mainstays that have dragged us through some absolute shite this season. Any of them could've won but I think Gordon edges it as he's had some massive moments against the best.

Bruno's cardless record is genuinely our most impressive individual achievement this year though [emoji38] doubt there's ever been a swing of picking up a card every other game to not getting one at all for half a season.

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

AG, Schar, and Bruno have been mainstays that have dragged us through some absolute shite this season. Any of them could've won but I think Gordon edges it as he's had some massive moments against the best.

Bruno's cardless record is genuinely our most impressive individual achievement this year though [emoji38] doubt there's ever been a swing of picking up a card every other game to not getting one at all for half a season.

Yeah none of us would have bet on that run of no cards going more than a few games, if not getting a strait read! 

outstanding really! 

IMG_5447.png.1dfb20ffcc9d42df671018d5bbd46019.png

I have went back and deleted the 100s of posts I made saying he'd be an awful signing. Now I confidentally proclaim I always knew he'd be class.

I think Gordon wins it solely on his development arc this season which has been literally stratospheric. He arrived at Newcastle as simply a speed merchant, he now  performs so many roles as an outside striker, winger and just as important his role in the press, helping to break down play and explode at pace in the counter attack. He comes across as so humble yet has this insatiable appetite to be the best he can. I think you'd have to put him in the world class bracket now, I don't see any other premier league player in Gordon's position that perform his role better. Let's not forget he has produced these unreal stats in a team that misfired for most of the season, put more quality around him and he will hit an even higher level.

1 minute ago, pubteam said:

I think Gordon wins it solely on his development arc this season which has been literally stratospheric. He arrived at Newcastle as simply a speed merchant, he now  performs so many roles as an outside striker, winger and just as important his role in the press, helping to break down play and explode at pace in the counter attack. He comes across as so humble yet has this insatiable appetite to be the best he can. I think you'd have to put him in the world class bracket now, I don't see any other premier league player in Gordon's position that perform his role better. Let's not forget he has produced these unreal stats in a team that misfired for most of the season, put more quality around him and he will hit an even higher level.

Exciting times. He does a fair bit of back tracking too to help out the defence. 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

If it makes you feel any better, Gordon has the most goals and assists in 30 years.

Nah. Gordon 10+10, Isak 20+1

18 minutes ago, Collage said:

Nah. Gordon 10+10, Isak 20+1

If penalties won were also included there would be no competition. There’s been some stellar performances this season but Gordon as our player of the season was a sure thing for me.

Just now, Gawalls said:

If penalties won were also included there would be no competition. There’s been some stellar performances this season but Gordon as our player of the season was a sure thing for me.

He’s a worthy winner, absolutely.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, The Fountain said:

It's fantastic being able to have these debates 

Totally. What a couple of years we've been lucky enough to live through. And more to come

Edited by JLC
shit spelling

9 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Been outrageous so far. He's still improving on the ballm

Agree, could be a bit better to square the ball from wide positions, but it’s nitpicking.

10 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Been outrageous so far. He's still improving on the ballm

Agreed, his dribbling's definitely got a lot better. Not just reliant on burning people for pace. Looks to combine well with Anderson and Hall.

Showing why he was player of the year.

Our best and also worst player, somehow. 

You can never fault his workrate and ability. Pops up all over the place and he is outrageously quick. 

But I thought like most of our attacking players. His decision making was terrible for the most part. Often cutting infield when he had space down the line, would 180 back when he had the run on his man and felt like he wanted 2-3 extra touches in crowded areas. 

Probably harsh to single him out. As the attacking display all round was just generally frustrating as fuck. 

have the refs cottoned on to his sneaky pel-winning techniques?

plant your foot in front of your opponents and wait for him to catch it.