Anthony Gordon

Jack27

I’m confident Gordon is going to have a strong season.  I have faith that the club know better than me on football (which wasn’t the case under previous regimes).  His physical attributes seem well suited to our intensity style, once he gets himself in the physical shape Howe demands.

Should he have a good season and end up on the fringes of the England squad - £40m will quickly look like a great deal.

“Like a new signing”.

Just now, OptimusSlime said:

I’m confident Gordon is going to have a strong season.  I have faith that the club know better than me on football (which wasn’t the case under previous regimes).  His physical attributes seem well suited to our intensity style, once he gets himself in the physical shape Howe demands.

Should he have a good season and end up on the fringes of the England squad - £40m will quickly look like a great deal.

“Like a new signing”.

Totally agree - Howe always said he wanted him and I trust that. Will be interesting to see where he gets played the most.

I reckon we might see him on instead of Maxi,

move big joe back into the middle with bruno and tonali.

———————pope———————

trips——scar———botman——-burn (other)

———————tonali——_——————
————-bruno————Joe————-

miggy (other)——-isak———-ASM (gordon)

36 minutes ago, buzza said:

I reckon we might see him on instead of Maxi,

move big joe back into the middle with bruno and tonali.

———————pope———————

trips——scar———botman——-burn (other)

———————tonali——_——————
————-bruno————Joe————-

miggy (other)——-isak———-ASM (gordon)

No longstaff? Interesting

we missed him a lot when he was injured last season, nice problem to have though.

Just now, Gawalls said:

we missed him a lot when he was injured last season, nice problem to have though.

We missed him because we had no one who could fill his position. Him and Tonali will will compete for that spot now.

3 hours ago, Gawalls said:

I think Tonali is meant to be our Longstaff on steroids.

Edited by BonesJones

25 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We missed him because we had no one who could fill his position. Him and Tonali will will compete for that spot now.

Also means say Tonali plays a champions league fixture then Longstaff comes in for the league fixture a few days later, just allows greater rotation. Or vice versa etc 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

1 hour ago, BonesJones said:

I think Tonali is meant to be our Longataff on steroids.

Do we have replacements anymore or just rotation? We seem to be getting closer to that point

I just see so much potensial in Willock.. The guy is still young. Was a great attacking threat with his pace. Had some nice assists too. If he gets his shooting sorted, he will be massive.

13 hours ago, BoSelecta said:

Willock missing in a lot of people’s hypothetical first 11s. He was fantastic last season, a great problem for Howe to have and suggests we maybe don’t need another purple in midfield?

I couldn't agree more he will start most of our games in the upcoming season if takes on the chances he create he will be unstoppable. 

With Longstaff, Willock, Joelinton, Bruno, Tonali and even Anderson competing for 3 places and us being in 4 different competitions now I think we'll rarely see our perceived "best 11" playing at the same time this season due to rest/rotation, tactics for specific teams and injuries. Willock & Longstaff are coming off good seasons but aren't in many peoples best 11, but they'll play a lot regardless.

Edited by Conjo

2 hours ago, HawK said:

image.png.ec9d393b5450cbdce032fdf1a25b81d5.png

Probably our most underrated player, those percentiles are nuts.

The middle third shows just how much of a "carrier" he is rather than a passer. Very similar to Joelinton in that respect. The blocks being so high is interesting aswell, is that blocking of shots or is that blocking of any pass or cross?

The nerdy Athletic Tactics podcast that has Michael Cox on said back in Feb that Willock would be perfect as the new Gini in Liverpool's midfield. He was the first name they mentioned.

+1 to the opinion that he's better shooting, maybe just more hit-the-target shooting like Isak, from being elite.

1 hour ago, Stottie said:

The nerdy Athletic Tactics podcast that has Michael Cox on said back in Feb that Willock would be perfect as the new Gini in Liverpool's midfield. He was the first name they mentioned.

+1 to the opinion that he's better shooting, maybe just more hit-the-target shooting like Isak, from being elite.

Really we should let Liverpool have him because we don't have a ceiling and they do.