Anthony Gordon

Jack27

1 hour ago, Geordie Boyo said:

Aye, there’s a blend of the people trying to talk properly like we do…! And youngens who use that roadman, you mad bruv, innit talk. Does my head in…

Perhaps that’s just how they talk? Why would that do your head in. Weird 

1 hour ago, Sempiternal said:

Perhaps that’s just how they talk? Why would that do your head in. Weird 

I support it would sound weird reading that if you’re not from the east or west end of Newcastle. 

It’s cultural through black music, originating from London. You have Asian and even white youngens talking like that too, but it’s more of a trend then ‘just how they talk’. 

Edited by Geordie Boyo

4 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Love it when you get a wildly non-Geordie accent blended with pure Geordie. :lol:

Not quite the same thing, but always thought it was funny/weird how scandanavians seemed to pick up the local accent/dialect and it became their accent... Jan Molby at Liverpool, and Peter Lovenkrands at Rangers... Both sound proper Scouse and Scottish respectively, just by playing and living there for a few years.

Edited by TK-421

Might not be a universally popular call, but I'd start him this weekend.

Will be a weekend where Leeds will likely kick us off the park and he invites kicks. Let them kick the fuck out of him, he's been used to it, get them booked and then introduce ASM.

It's also the type of game where he could make an impact I think.

For me, him in, Isak through the middle and bring Wilson off the bench with Maxi later on.

3 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Will be a weekend where Leeds will likely kick us off the park and he invites kicks. Let them kick the fuck out of him, he's been used to it, get them booked and then introduce ASM.

For me, him in, Isak through the middle and bring Wilson off the bench with Maxi later on.

I'll second that one.  I reckon the lad can handle the rough stuff.

17 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Good shout that ?

Big Sam will have them charging into challenges and Gordon will be winning us free kicks all over the place. 

22 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Not sure they will tbh. They did anything but v City and it was just a bank of players on the edge of the box. Saying that having Maxi as an impact sub to come on against tired legs would also be handy.

8 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I think if we focus on our pace here against Leeds they’ll get a player sent off. Gordon, Maxi or Isak are the lads to get it done 

Have we all forgotten Almiron now? 

54 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Really hope he contributes something before the season is over. 

Naturally. If he plays I want him to do well, however he's young and has shown at Everton he has talent, even a couple of near assists here. Give him a full pre season of our conditioning and bedding in.

1 minute ago, madras said:

Naturally. If he plays I want him to do well, however he's young and has shown at Everton he has talent, even a couple of near assists here. Give him a full pre season of our conditioning and bedding in.

This is the crux of it, you buy players in January to make a difference, and so far he hasn’t I’m afraid. And before I get jumped on yes I hope he comes good asap but as of now it was a poor piece of business due to cost and lack of immediate impact. 

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

This is the crux of it, you buy players in January to make a difference, and so far he hasn’t I’m afraid. And before I get jumped on yes I hope he comes good asap but as of now it was a poor piece of business due to cost and lack of immediate impact. 

I'm not sure we did with him. We'd been after him the window before and I honestly see him as a project.

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

How is it a poor piece of business if it’s someone we’ve targeted and managed to secure him at a cheaper price than was quoted and might be next summer also, due to Everton needing cash urgently up front in the last window for their accounts.

He’ll still play a part this season and have a feeling will get us a big goal. Either way he will be bedded in well in the North East ready for pre-season and judge him after a further 12 months.

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

How is it a poor piece of business if it’s someone we’ve targeted and managed to secure him at a cheaper price than was quoted and might be next summer also, due to Everton needing cash urgently up front in the last window for their accounts.

He’ll still play a part this season and have a feeling will get us a big goal. Either way he will be bedded in well in the North East ready for pre-season and judge him after a further 12 months.

Again as per my post, we needed to reinforce other positions such as CM in January and so far he hasn’t contributed a goal or an assist. We suffered when Bruno was out and are suffering without longstaff too. 

we paid 45m for him; it’s a huge some and given his record it can’t be described as cheap. Not only were Everton under financial duress but the fans absolutely couldn’t stand him and were hounding him out. 

to be clear I hope he comes good, I really do but his lack of impact makes him a poor signing at this point given the fee and the timing. 

to add. I hope I’m proven totally wrong and he comes and changes the game and pushes us to the champions league. 

Edited by r0cafella

My take is he's young but hasn't made an immediate impact at the similar price point as botman and bruno albeit different positions. At this early stage of tight FFP figures as we buying off the back of years of minimal spending rather than clearly waste out for fees. 

So I can understand some say at 40m it would have been better spent on player X, Y,Z.l especially as we arent able to just take a loss or punt on someone at this stage of the rebuild. 

I just think young, English premium in the hope he comes good. Given the right support and time with the coaching staff may see him blossom. 

Edited by nufcjmc

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Again as per my post, we needed to reinforce other positions such as CM in January and so far he hasn’t contributed a goal or an assist. We suffered when Bruno was out and are suffering without longstaff too. 

we paid 45m for him; it’s a huge some and given his record it can’t be described as cheap. Not only were Everton under financial duress but the fans absolutely couldn’t stand him and were hounding him out. 

to be clear I hope he comes good, I really do but his lack of impact makes him a poor signing at this point given the fee and the timing. 

to add. I hope I’m proven totally wrong and he comes and changes the game and pushes us to the champions league. 

And if the right player at the right deal had been available I've no doubt they'd have strengthened elsewhere.

When he signed I always saw him as a squad player until the summer with adaptability to player right across the line.

Far too early to judge him imo.