Anthony Gordon

Jack27

11 minutes ago, Holloway said:

I used to quite like Scousers, long time ago now,mind

When I worked in Runcorn nearly everyone I met was a Liverpool or Everton fan. Very passionate fans. Also huge amounts of taxi drivers seemed to also coach youth sides or involved with youth game. They care about football a lot.

1 minute ago, hakka said:

When I worked in Runcorn nearly everyone I met was a Liverpool or Everton fan. Very passionate fans. Also huge amounts of taxi drivers seemed to also coach youth sides or involved with youth game. They care about football a lot.

Yeah, I've met loads over the years and found them ok generally. But their online presence is really fucking rotten 

We can’t predict what he’ll become from here, but as it stands, it was a bit of a master stroke by Dan Ashworth to push this deal through in January with Everton desperately needing money. 

They’d be well within their rights to demand 60m after today. 

4 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Yeah, I've met loads over the years and found them ok generally. But their online presence is really fucking rotten 

As is the majority of ours. Think I've blocked more of our fans than any other fanbase. Twitter algorithm mostly to blame.

Edited by nemtizz

Delighted for the lad to get to experience this and contribute in the way he has. I think he has a bright future here and I'm inclined to believe the seemingly multiple scouting reports from however many clubs that already rate him so highly and see a big future for him. 

I'm really curious to see where he plays and how he develops. Its interesting what Ancelotti said and I do think he's not too long for his current LW role, but I have no idea where he'll move position wise. I didnt see him moving from the LW position he's been playing in the immediate future, but if we do get Barnes and Maxi stays, maybe I'm wrong. I dont see him being placed in 3/4 player battle for 1 position, I think we rate him too highly for that. 

5 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

As is the majority of ours. Think I've blocked more of our fans than any other fanbase. Twitter algorithm mostly to blame.

I don't spend any time on twitter so can't comment on the clip of our lot there. The first time I spent any  time on Rawk and GoT was during the drawn out months of the takeover bid, alerted by others. I was fucking shocked at the spite and vitriol ,really poisonous comments from all angles, not just about the club but the city and folk in it. Fuck that shit,man

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Great achievement.

Only followed this tournament from a bit later on.

Did he play as a striker all tournament? Really liked what I saw of him there, dropping in to link up play and then getting into goal scoring positions.

Maybe a longer term rotational piece with Isak at striker perhaps?

Here is a good video of how the team set up, they play such a fluid system that it was really difficult to stop.

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I wonder if we signed him after this tournament if a few would feel differently about his fee?

I imagine we wouldn't even be able to get him for the fee we did in January.

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

Here is a good video of how the team set up, they play such a fluid system that it was really difficult to stop.

Fantastic. Will check this out. Cheers :thup:

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I wonder if we signed him after this tournament if a few would feel differently about his fee?

I thought the fee was fine, even at the time. £40m with £5m add ons, was it? He’s a rough diamond that just needs polishing. He’s a great age, and the Euro performance has shown he belongs at that level, and will only get better.

Hoping he’ll do what MGW has done at Forest, with a full season under his belt. 

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t know where this started but it’s getting on me tits. 

Someone tweeted about Barnes if you take away his goals his stats are terrible 

1 hour ago, Viana said:

We can’t predict what he’ll become from here, but as it stands, it was a bit of a master stroke by Dan Ashworth to push this deal through in January with Everton desperately needing money. 

They’d be well within their rights to demand 60m after today. 

To be fair, if we hadn't signed him, the way it was going, he probably wouldn't have won the award!