Anthony Gordon

Jack27

1 hour ago, TRon said:

We aren't even seeing the real Anthony Gordon, he's been flogged like a horse this season because of injuries. Not that he's complained like, he's just stayed upbeat and got on with it. What a great signing he's been.

Imagine we didn’t sign him? And signed Diaby or whoever, they would have been thrown to wolves.

Last season it looked like he didn't have an end product. People were criticizing him for lack of g/a (which was fair), and barely scoring goals at all. This, along with other parts of his game, has improved so much. His shooting and crossing ability is actually really good at this point. Lovely.

Also, I have a feeling that this guy will stay with us for several years.

Edited by Erikse

Guest reefatoon

I like hearing him speak. A very level headed lad and talks a lot of sense.

1 hour ago, Ben said:

I got told last week that his mother has moved up here to be with him all of the time and she loves it.

the hassle he got from the everton fans must have really gotten to the whole family.

relief to to get away from all that, to a club where he's adored, and a city thats just lush to live in. 

3 hours ago, Ronson333 said:

Starting to look like a bargain at £40m…Now if we can get a nico Williams or someone similar for RW, we will have a very threatening front three.

My pick for RW as well. Signed a new contract at Bilbao to 2027 last month but apparently has a €50m release clause. Throw the bag at him in the summer.

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

My pick for RW as well. Signed a new contract at Bilbao to 2027 last month but apparently has a €50m release clause. Throw the bag at him in the summer.

He will have a lot more attractive offers than us this summer, Barca and Real sniffing around. We would probably have had to move last summer to have had a chance.

1 minute ago, Ronson333 said:

Pedro Neto may be more realistic, given his injury situation may put off some potential buyers.

He would be perfect, again may have bigger offers. Being strongly linked with Arsenal.

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He will have a lot more attractive offers than us this summer, Barca and Real sniffing around. We would probably have had to move last summer to have had a chance.

Barcelona are allegedly excluded from that clause from what I've read. And Real Madrid already have Vini Jr and Rodrygo for wingers so wouldn't be getting much game time there you'd think. Athletic rarely let their players go to the big 2 in Spain anyhow, are a lot happier letting their assets go to English clubs. 

He's just the most ideal RW signing we could make and we were linked by Douglas in the summer. Clutching at straws but I beg, man :lol:

He’s scored against Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United this season, that’s impressive from a 22 year old winger.

Edited by Ronson333