Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Just now, Ikon said:

Well we are pretty close to the break now aye. But I don’t remember when he was able to run properly like he does when at his best. No one can convince me otherwise that we wouldn’t have benefited if we had rested him for a game or two . Because he hasn’t exactly been able to contribute anyway overall in the last I don’t know how many games. 

Got an assist today and should have had another at Luton to be fair. When you compare that to Almiron who has 6 assists since he signed id play a tired Gordon all day knowing we’ve more time off between games now. 

4 minutes ago, madras said:

But that's why he plays, because he one of the few threats and they know we have a gap coming and hopefully Barnes and Murphy coming back.

You just don’t get it do you :lol: Yeah it’s next to pointless to rest him now. And if we had rested him before (earlier when he was dead) then he would have contributed and helped us to more points by having him fresh and able to run. We would have missed him or been maybe slightly worse but in the other games he would have been fresh and helped us a lot more. 

It doesn’t mean that he hasn’t done one or two things right despite playing knackered, he has. But he would have done much much more if slightly fresher. Which would have helped us overall. 

Edited by Ikon

Just now, Ikon said:

You just don’t get it do you :lol: Yeah it’s next to pointless to rest him now. And if we had rested him before then he would have contributed and helped us to more points by having him fresh and able to run. We would have missed him or been maybe slightly worse but in the other games he would have been fresh and helped us a lot more. 

I do get it but if he done that, we get beat and he gets slaughtered for not using a player who could've played.

Seems like plenty of hindsight coming into play.

4 minutes ago, madras said:

I do get it but if he done that, we get beat and he gets slaughtered for not using a player who could've played.

Seems like plenty of hindsight coming into play.

I have already made a point and an argument regarding this before so I will say it again. I’m sure most would understand if he rested Gordon judging by the way he has looked. Also, it’s his job to make these decisions and not be afraid of that some fans might get angry about it. Clear as a day that he has hit a wall a while back Gordon. It’s not like there aren’t any unhappy fans out there now. Quite a few unreasonably unhappy too. 

Edited by Ikon

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I have already made a point and an argument regarding this before so I will say it again. I’m sure most would understand if he rested Gordon judging by the way he has looked. Also, it’s his job to make these decisions and not be afraid of that some fans might get angry about it. Clear as a day that he has hit a wall a while back Gordon. It’s not like there aren’t any unhappy fans out there now. Quite a few unreasonably unhappy too. 

Were you saying this 6 weeks ago ? Fair dues if you did.

Edited by madras

1 minute ago, madras said:

Were you saying this 6 weeks ago ? Fair dues if you did.

I’ve said it a while back too, not sure how far back it was, maybe a month or so. Might not even been on this particular forum. 

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

So good at winning fouls. So good.

I think the thing that gives him the edge is that the opposition want to actually hurt him as well, so he not only draws them in, he has them absolutely committed to wiping him out. 

Is that the third penalty he has won us this season?

Also, his assist for Isak against Liverpool didn’t get anywhere near the credit it deserved due to how poor we were. Having seen it back it was excellent play from him.

17 hours ago, NEEJ said:

I think the thing that gives him the edge is that the opposition want to actually hurt him as well, so he not only draws them in, he has them absolutely committed to wiping him out. 

Joey Barton / Robbie Savage effect.

17 hours ago, NEEJ said:

Yeah it felt after 2-0 they were just trying to score brownie points with the fans by body checking him. Everyone in the away end saw the pen coming about 10 seconds before it did :lol: