Anthony Gordon

Jack27

2 hours ago, Fezzle said:

I'd file that under bored Sunday newspaper hacks :lol:

Correct, every fucking weekend especially for the last 3, and the click/post count goes to da moon [emoji38]

Speaking to a Forest lad I bumped into this morning and he noticed Gordon didn’t seem to give a shit during Southgate’s team talk. Wonder if he has been given the cold shoulder for not parroting the party line.

7 hours ago, Sibierski said:

Would understand a bit more if Eze was on fire off the bench, but he’s dished up two proper poor cameos now whilst Gordon had 4 mins, and played a ball which Eze hasn’t done yet.

There you go that's why Gordon isn't getting on.  He played a forward pass instead of playing sideways.

The lad has had his summer wasted. Wish he'd jump on a plane and come home. When he bangs in his 1st goal next season I hope he reveals a t-shirt saying "See that Gareth?". Obviously I'd like it worded more strongly.

Every time I open a news site: "Gordon to Liverpool", "Liverpool move for Gordon", "Liverpool/Gordon/Liverpool/Gordon... etc". Now I'm seeing "Man City move for Gordon" - it's getting really tedious! I know (I hope) it's just lazy journos, but the way the media are pressing for us to lose Gordon is pretty sickening. I have to admit, trust the process or not, if Gordon was sold I'd seriously question our owners, it's not a sale I'd be able to just let slide. I know the excuse would be long term goals/FFP, etc, but after last season he's more than just a player to double your money on.

Or, his agent is pushing for a new contract after a breakout season. Or it's all rubbish. Who knows.

But as with everyone, whilst I'd be gutted if he wanted to go and we couldn't persuade him to stay, I'd at least trust us to reinvest any sale in the first team, and not scrat about for a free transfer replacement that we ultimately failed to 'get over the line'.

32 minutes ago, Tonalis Bookie said:

Talksport saying MCFC register interest, great lads, 120m + grealish + Ake and we can talk

I’d rather have more money than take Grealish.

I sure a couple of Saudi tanks on the border will quell any transfer talk from Man City, only joking......

Spoiler

Do it, do it.

36 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Ryder dismissed the City interst this morning, for what it's worth.

He or the chronicle at least where the ones who started it 😂

Before the internet the was the daily routine...

Chronicle would print a story with Newcastle to buy/sell star player.

Then the next morning the Journal would deny it and say it was lies.

Wasn't until I was older that I realised they were the same news reporters in the same office.

30 years later they call it click bait but these guys make a living of making crap up.

Must be even harder when they get called out on it online now and still have to say it's from a source, whenever everyone knows it's 99 percent spin

Can't see Man City wanting Gordon, would cost too much 

I think Neto would be a good fit for them, they wouldn't need him to play every game, such is their quality and depth, but adds some pace and counter threat when they need it, the same way Gordon does for us. That's if his hammies could last 20 games a season mind

Just now, janpawel said:

Can't see Man City wanting Gordon, would cost too much 

I think Neto would be a good fit for them, they wouldn't need him to play every game, such is their quality and depth, but adds some pace and counter threat when they need it, the same way Gordon does for us. That's if his hammies could last 20 games a season mind

If Villa buy Grealish back they could easily put £100 million bid in

He don't fit there style at all. Look at grealish before he went there he was attacking and creative now hes like when we bought Damien duff just passes it inside all the time. 

It would be criminal seeing flash having to do that all game. 

On 07/07/2024 at 14:22, The Prophet said:

Few people will care about the playing style if he delivers our first trophy in decades.

Gareth would have to play him first...

36 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

Gareth would have to play him first...

Jack is selling plenty of Hellmans mayonnaise though. Him and Maddison rolled out as the advertised faces of the Euros even though they’re currently holidaying in the Costa Del Dropped.

I know this is nothing new, but I've been told AGAIN today that Gordon has no desire at all to leave NUFC (usual sources).

Reading between the lines, I do think a number of clubs have enquired which is to be expected, and I guess if we accepted an offer things could change, but he is absolutely committed to NUFC and loves it here.

I see the speculation has reared its head again in the last few days, and it's just simply not true.