Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Gordon is good to very good at most things. Think the perfect balance for the team once we signa  RW would be getting a player that is more towards a flair player. A creative playmaking one. Especially when you consider how wide and up the field we play our RB. On the other side once Hall breaks through properly we won't look one dimensional at all since Gordon can go both wide and inside with Hall being able to play both from wide and go into more central areas to mix it up. Hall's crossing ability and progressive passes from various areas will make our left hand side very difficult to read for the opposition as well as allowing us to create an overload both wide and in the more central areas. Really like the flexibility and variations this would/will give us. Gordon is class but i dont want the same type of player for the right.  Especially if we are not gonna play a proper 10 or an extremely attacking playmaker in our midfield three. Our wide player would give us that creativity instead coming in to more central areas with our fullback providing the width.

Edited by Ikon

Maybe we'll go the Roony route in january to compete with Miggy.  Then in the summer see how we do regarding RW. If we add a top class more proven one or not.

Edited by Ikon

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Arder Guler mark2?

Kind of, the type of player i'm hoping for. Except that i wont go on about this kid as much as i did with AG who i really wanted us to get :lol:

Edited by Ikon

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Good good, because it’s unlikely we can get this lad as well. 

I know, definitely not an easy signing to do. However not impossible at all either. When you consider where we are going towards, his agency and the possibility of lots of game time.

Just now, Ikon said:

I know, definitely not an easy signing to do. However not impossible at all either. When you consider where we are going towards, his agency and the possibility of lots of game time.

I think it’s practically impossible to do tbh. The game has shifted so much and all of the big clubs want to take these bets. FFP really shifted the dial which is why all of the so called big clubs are massive talent hoarders. Players who are playing in ECL as teens are generally going to go to elite clubs (which we aren’t yet).  

14 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I think it’s practically impossible to do tbh. The game has shifted so much and all of the big clubs want to take these bets. FFP really shifted the dial which is why all of the so called big clubs are massive talent hoarders. Players who are playing in ECL as teens are generally going to go to elite clubs (which we aren’t yet).  

Fair point. However there were massive clubs after him before he decided to go to FCK iirc. Wanted more game time. I think we could be a very very good option for him at this point. There's everything for him here.

My pure guess would be Tottenham with a Real Madrid clause in the contract.

Edited by Ikon

12 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

Was just watching that clip. Carragher and Ljungberg very complimentary about him. 

I didn’t quite realise how good that run was for the goal. Proper blindsided Badaishaile and made 2-3 yards for himself. 

Top drawer. Badaishaile (Another one we missed out on) is no mug and James is as good as it gets full back wise, yet he got the better of both.