Anthony Gordon

Jack27

1 hour ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I get what you’re saying but if you’re going to go to places like Anfield, Emirates etc or even play those teams at home you need higher quality finishers/game changers. Miggy is great and will no doubt have a prominent role still but RW definitely needs strengthening/uograded. I’m not saying I know exactly who but I’m sure this is a position they’ll look at next summer. 

Agreed that the squad is definitely coming together now though when all fit. I think after Jan and next summer it’ll start to getting close to what they want. 

Need higher quality for those teams? We’re playing them now and getting the results beating arsenal and Man City this season with him in the team. We always want to improve but to say we ‘need’ to improve RM is the wrong turn of phrase in my opinion.

36 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Need higher quality for those teams? We’re playing them now and getting the results beating arsenal and Man City this season with him in the team. We always want to improve but to say we ‘need’ to improve RM is the wrong turn of phrase in my opinion.

Im not saying he’s shit and maybe you’re right increased depth just means more options. Replace ‘need’ with ‘could do with’ possibly. Miggy does very well for us but is Gordon a better player than Miggy on the opposite side and are there better RW players out there, I think yes to both of those that’s all I mean. Next season we’ll look to go up another level and RW is an area we can improve on is my point I think 👍

14 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

🖤🤍

Can't believe how well he speaks and all.

They called him a rat though and spoke so ill of his character.

Hope they're all filled with shame.

21 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

🖤🤍

We have so many disciplined players, and I love it! Such a key part to our success. We can thank Eddie Howe and our recruitment team for that, but I suspect that Howe does most of the job in terms of making sure that our players have the right mentality.

Edited by Erikse

4 minutes ago, Ikon said:

He has matured so much. Has become such a great character with amazing attitude and mentality. Great to see. 

Was going to write the same. His last game for Everton up here he was grumpy all game with the famous Trippier/Schar bust up. Then he had the rant in the Brentford game. Think its safe to say he wasnt at the right place mantally or physically. He is still a snide on the pitch, but hes not screaming at other players and not going up in their faces anymore. He plays the game, and if he can gain something in a specific situasion he goes down easily to win a freekick or something. Couple of stupid yellows early on but thats about it. His attitude compared to when he joined and now is on a different level.

How do we think he'll react on Thursday? Crowd are going to be on his back all game, and are going to make it really hostile for him. It's going to take a really mature performance from him.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

How do we think he'll react on Thursday? Crowd are going to be on his back all game, and are going to make it really hostile for him. It's going to take a really mature performance from him.

If it was the end of last season, I would say I would be concerned as his head wasn't in the right place.

However this year he has everything he wanted.. we might even lose but he knows he is at the right club.

8 hours ago, KaKa said:

Why do you keep talking like this? You talk like Gordon didn't act like a twat when we played Everton. He has matured and is a completely different boy to who he was at Everton - doesn't mean that he wasn't a twat back then. He's a young boy. Maturing is expected.

9 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Im not saying he’s shit and maybe you’re right increased depth just means more options. Replace ‘need’ with ‘could do with’ possibly. Miggy does very well for us but is Gordon a better player than Miggy on the opposite side and are there better RW players out there, I think yes to both of those that’s all I mean. Next season we’ll look to go up another level and RW is an area we can improve on is my point I think 👍

Agree 100%. Miggy’s been a great servant and still an impactful player for us but he’ll be a squad player rather than a regular starter in the next year or two. 

1 hour ago, 54 said:

He's been far more mature than I thought  he'd be this season. Seems like he's really in the groove and found his flow. I expect him to continue like that on Thursday and I don't think it'll faze him one bit. 

10 hours ago, KaKa said:

I personally love your heel turn in this thread. [emoji38]

image.thumb.png.e21fb1250b83b550421db1db4c21405e.png

Love this photo and this damn kid, man. :lol: I was hyped when we signed him and I'm even happier that he's come good. He's having a breakout season in the most strangest of story arc's for us. I can't look beyond Bruno being our main man, but I'm stoked this kid is realizing his potential with us and Eddie. :clap:

I can understand doubting his ability/character based on his time at Everton, but what I didn’t understand at the time was the lack of faith in Howe’s judgement/coaching. He’d already turned around the careers of players who looked useless here.

4 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

I can understand doubting his ability/character based on his time at Everton, but what I didn’t understand at the time was the lack of faith in Howe’s judgement/coaching. He’d already turned around the careers of players who looked useless here.

Not just Howe's judgement. Didn't they say it was rare to get unanimous agreement from all parts of the transfer team, Ashworth, Staveley/Ghodoussi etc but Gordon got it.