Anthony Gordon

Jack27

3 hours ago, TRon said:

When he was slipped through in the second half he should have just chipped the keeper, instead he tried to go round and his poor touch closed the distance and allowed the goalie to block.

He didn’t look up, he went into winger mode, put his head down and ran. If he had just glimpsed up he could have slotted the ball like Elanga did againt us. No need for a fancy chip, the goal was gaping if he’d just looked up.

7 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Great pen. I had no faith in him for some reason [emoji38]

Must admit I was worried for him! Somewhat surprised Trippier didn't take it (despite Chelsea...). Was spot on in the end though 

5 hours ago, Tsunami said:

He didn’t look up, he went into winger mode, put his head down and ran. If he had just glimpsed up he could have slotted the ball like Elanga did againt us. No need for a fancy chip, the goal was gaping if he’d just looked up.

Yeah, it was a few little moments like that that held him back today. At key times he did things that ordinarily would be correct in his standard role rather than what was actually correct today.

7 hours ago, STM said:

Also, given me AG10 and his blood and guts football over that floppy haired little cunt at Man City. :lol:

Been saying it for a while now, Gordon’s style of wingplay is so much more effective than Grealish’s. Grealish goes down the line, sees a defender, stops and either cuts inside into the midfield getting in the way of his own players or passes backwards or sideways. Gordon is pure and he’ll try to take on his man, has natural instinctual skill and the heart of a lion. He’ll run his socks off for 95 minutes and will never hide. Always wants the ball. I love him, I really do. Sadly, it’ll be Jack and Rashford at the Euros when they’ve done fuck all to deserve it. Absolute travesty. 

I feel like Grealish has been turned into a Pep player and lost his maverick like tendencies. Now he’s done that. The fucker can’t buy a start and Doku who is much more of a throwback to direct and tricky wingers. Gets in ahead of him :lol: 

The technical level of players and coaching has gone to mad levels. But it can be fucking boring to watch.

My favourite players growing up were Asprilla, Martins and then Ben Arfa. So always been a fan of a loveable, inconsistent rogue that in some ways, played their own game. No room for that in football now. 

Probably fair in Martins case. As looking back, he just wasn’t very good :lol: still love him, mind. 

It’s all Pep’s fault if you ask me :lol: bunch of robots. 

46 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I feel like Grealish has been turned into a Pep player and lost his maverick like tendencies. Now he’s done that. The fucker can’t buy a start and Doku who is much more of a throwback to direct and tricky wingers. Gets in ahead of him :lol: 

The technical level of players and coaching has gone to mad levels. But it can be fucking boring to watch.

My favourite players growing up were Asprilla, Martins and then Ben Arfa. So always been a fan of a loveable, inconsistent rogue that in some ways, played their own game. No room for that in football now. 

Probably fair in Martins case. As looking back, he just wasn’t very good :lol: still love him, mind. 

It’s all Pep’s fault if you ask me :lol: bunch of robots. 

That's the view of a few City fans I'm good mates with too, they think Pep realises he's ruined (maybe a bit strong but that's the word I used when I put it to them) Grealish which is why Doku is allowed to just get on with it 

Probably more to do with the fact Doku has outrageous acceleration and is almost unplayable at times, so their tactics seems to be, get Doku isolated 1v1. 

Grealish never had that sort of ability outside of being really good at keeping possession and winning free-kicks. So when he plays they make him recycle the ball over and over untill it opens up space elsewhere. 

Absolutely love Gordon. Rare to find a player who can go both right and left when running at defenders but he also seems to "get it".

Probably our player of the season

Very minor I know, but a small positive from tonight was that he looked very sharp/fit right the way through the game. 

Our best player tonight imho. Appreciate that’s no big achievement but still. 

Does anyone else think his body shape has changed a bit this last few months? He looks

broader and stronger to me without losing his pace imho. 

Thought he still looked fast and direct. I also thought Barnes looked really positive for the goal and showed good speed. 

In the few times he has played there. Gordon doesn’t look as comfortable on the right. But I’d love to get a front 3 out of this pair and Isak, somehow. Some genuine interchanging, movement, pace and a goal threat across the board. 

4 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Thought he still looked fast and direct. I also thought Barnes looked really positive for the goal and showed good speed. 

In the few times he has played there. Gordon doesn’t look as comfortable on the right. But I’d love to get a front 3 out of this pair and Isak, somehow. Some genuine interchanging, movement, pace and a goal threat across the board. 

We could try Barnes on the right.

22 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

Yeah. Just feel like he is a pure, touch inside and shoot wide forward type. Whereas Gordon seems a bit more versatile. 

Yeah Gordon is the more all round package - might as well try him on the right at some point 

5 hours ago, Mikky said:

Yeah Gordon is the more all round package - might as well try him on the right at some point 

He's been there in Eddie's setup. I personally think he's fine there.