Anthony Gordon

Jack27

7 hours ago, joeyt said:

He's incredible I think. Never stops running. I love him

Little thing, and ultimately futile, but loved his run in getting back to try and prevent their third goal. Fantastic desire.

13 minutes ago, 80 said:

Little thing, and ultimately futile, but loved his run in getting back to try and prevent their third goal. Fantastic desire.

If that isn't the fastest sprint in the prem this season it must be close, the ground he made up was unreal.

5 hours ago, 80 said:

I thought that was his biggest mistake of the game tbh (though the speed was impressive). He was completely shut off when the counter attack started, and didn't start tracking back properly until it was too late. He had the chance to prevent that goal.

4 hours ago, Conjo said:

I thought that was his biggest mistake of the game tbh (though the speed was impressive). He was completely shut off when the counter attack started, and didn't start tracking back properly until it was too late. He had the chance to prevent that goal.

Yep, it was his fault if anything tbh :lol:. Didn't start running back until way too late.

4 hours ago, Conjo said:

It was absolutely rubbish from us, like; counter-attack goals aren't rare, obviously, but to let it happen in the way it did from our own corner was dreadful. I was raging at Schar for not anticipating the breakaway before completely removing himself from the situation with that desperate lunge. 

Little bit nervous about Schar atm. Think he's not covered himself in glory quite routinely post-Xmas; hopefully just a case of the season catching up with him given he's played about a million minutes. 

5 hours ago, Conjo said:

Can’t help but laugh at the replay where Gordon is busting a guy to get back whilst Burn in the background is trundling back like a dad jogging onto a wedding disco dance floor.

21 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

It was amazing they were announcing it on tv after he had been sent off, without realising he had been sent off.

The confusion was gold tbf. 

When they said Gordon's coming off my first thought was hang on we've used all our subs, then onto he better not fucking be injured, and then finally we worked out it was a red card. 

As some others have said despite being one of our best players I'm not overly upset with him having a rest. 

11 hours ago, 80 said:

Bit of a cockup by him though that one, he let Bowen get away from him first.

Seeing how much space he made up, if he ran the same time as Bowen then he would have actually got there.

Red could work in our favour. 

instead of being on 9 yellows and having to go 3 games without getting booked to avoid a 2 game ban, he’s on 8 yellows with 2 games to play to avoid 2 bookings. Possibly traded a two game ban for a one game. 

need to beat Everton to make that a good trade. 

1 hour ago, Aiston said:

Seeing how much space he made up, if he ran the same time as Bowen then he would have actually got there.

Fair enough. I saw he was nearby at the start and was half a second delayed, but only saw the clipped highlight so can't comment too much in terms of how far to blame he is for that, although it seems off to me that he should be primarily responsible tracking runners during an attacking corner... As someone said above though, when you compare it to other players ambling back it still stands out though.

Edited by 80

17 minutes ago, JigsawGoesToPieces said:

Tonali betting syndicate.

Sandro had 20 quid on Gordon getting a second yellow.

Shut up!! He'll get banned for another season! 😄

1 hour ago, Aiston said:

Where were our covering players in the centre? Tino was on the right with Kudos - who was the player that initially lost the challenge?

On 31/03/2024 at 14:02, Mikky said:

Where were our covering players in the centre? Tino was on the right with Kudos - who was the player that initially lost the challenge?

Fab, desperate lunge, hence Tino had to go over. Gordon left Bowen to run upfield. 

Tbf he was only a couple of seconds behind him and had, otherwise, played a blinder. 

I love how direct he is on the right. Much prefer Barnes doing the whole cut in and shoot routine on the left. 

He can consistently beat his man down the line and put in a good cross. Unlucky not to pick up an assist on that Schar goal that was overturned. 

Could see him really supplying Isak with tons of good opportunities if he plays on the right next season.