Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Imagine if Ten Hag said to Rash "You're doing great, don't worry about what other people say. They are just hating on you because you're black" after a game where he barely bothered to make a run and kept losing possession.

Whew. I thought he was brilliant and now that interview has me thinking he’s a level above that. His mentality, drive, maturity, hunger and commitment are just next level. Sky is the limit for him. 

6 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Whew. I thought he was brilliant and now that interview has me thinking he’s a level above that. His mentality, drive, maturity, hunger and commitment are just next level. Sky is the limit for him. 

Can only get better/more intelligent.

When I think back to myself at his age to how I think now, it’s night and day.

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

Can only get better/more intelligent.

When I think back to myself at his age to how I think now, it’s night and day.

Yeah that's what struck me as well. I wish I had half his drive in my early 20s as he does. Pretty inspiring guy.

28 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

Yeah that's what struck me as well. I wish I had half his drive in my early 20s as he does. Pretty inspiring guy.

What impresses me most is how he realizes and enables his natural ability with work ethic, motivation, ambition, etc. So many his age rely on their pure ability and not the pursuit of greatness this kid is after. I knew he was a baller at Everton and was excited when we got him, but he's already exceeded my expectation's of him.

Also, this is the best version of Neville, not his commentating nonsense. This is peak Neville in this interview format, love it.

Just now, SteV said:

As a fanbase, have we ever been as collectively wrong in our expectations of a players character?

He has changed, and matured, and A LOT! Great to see. 

Loving the story he shared about how Eddie Howe is absolutely relentless in all aspects but particularly training, and how he found it hard to settle at the start because of EHs expectation for everyone to succeed and deliver :lol:

EDIT: "When we win a trophy at Newcastle....! (not if)

Edited by BlazeT44

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

we better win some trophies for him.

That struck me as well. People are worried about Bruno and Isak leaving for bigger clubs. Gordon sounds more ambitious than anyone

10 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

That struck me as well. People are worried about Bruno and Isak leaving for bigger clubs. Gordon sounds more ambitious than anyone

But he just needed to be appreciated & loved. He’s going nowhere anytime soon [emoji38]

2 hours ago, Kanji said:

He can do better than presenting on that channel! 

My favourite current player.

He's also been our player of the season, by some distance I might add.

We've had Evertons pants down, which makes the story all the more sweeter.