Anthony Gordon

Jack27

4 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Don’t believe the rumours at all. Imo the club is putting this out to show what a shitshow PSR is and to soften the blow of selling Minteh. 

Yeah, it doesn't quite add up.

Edited by Erikse

Just now, The College Dropout said:

It’s unsettling our players. I don’t think it’s intentional if we take the hit. 

How could we possibly know it's unsettling the players?

We won't have any clue what the club has communicated to the players regarding all this.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

It’s unsettling our players. I don’t think it’s intentional if we take the hit. 

How do you know it’s unsettling them? None of us know then it their levels of professionalism. 

Or we’re actually ok in terms of PSR but are playing the poor mouth so we’re not ripped off on some potential squad deals we’d like to commit to.

The understanding was that all the new revenue kicks in from July, including CL revenue from last year.. so any question marks are solely limited to end of this month which we don’t seem to be actually doing anything about.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

We won't have any clue what the club has communicated to the players regarding all this.

Just posted the same thing - I’ve often had a right rollicking at work and have never come in and said “I feel so unloved and unsettled” 

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

Very disappointed in the club's management... Hope they'll wise up, but just no excuse to be caught with their pants down this badly this late in the game

You’re very disappointed in the presses image of the running of the club.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Seems like Minteh has been talking to other clubs. If we didn’t plan on selling him why would we allow him to do it?

Im not sure I believe the Gordon stuff. But if so - we’ve been mismanaged even more than I thought. Gordon’s like the 3rd crown jewel. 

I’ve thought the Isak and Gordon rumours were put out there by the club to show what we might lose if we don’t sell a Minteh or someone. But that might be wishful thinking. And we are genuinely trying to smoke out favourable offers. 

Edited by The College Dropout

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Seems like Minteh has been talking to other clubs. If we didn’t plan on selling him why would we allow him to do it?

Minteh is the only player we seem willing to sell.

All the Gordon and Isak based stuff is what I was referring to. Seems fanciful and manufactured.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Im not sure I believe the Gordon stuff. But if so - we’ve been mismanaged even more than I thought. Gordon’s like the 3rd crown jewel. 

The Minteh sale talk is obviously genuine, I don't think anyone is really disputing it. As for the stuff about Gordon or Isak, I doubt we are hawking our best players around, but Eales has already said we'll basically sell anyone for the right price.

Does that bother me? Not particularly since I assume the price will be so high, no one will pay it.

10 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Or we’re actually ok in terms of PSR but are playing the poor mouth so we’re not ripped off on some potential squad deals we’d like to commit to.

The understanding was that all the new revenue kicks in from July, including CL revenue from last year.. so any question marks are solely limited to end of this month which we don’t seem to be actually doing anything about.

What? :lol:

32 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Every transfer window since PIF took over we’ve briefed the local press on how skint we are. They’ve taken the bait every time.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

I think we could claim that we made every effort to move players on, but can't just sell players way below their value, as it is damaging to the club.

Would just be useful when appealing any dumb point deduction, which I think we may increasingly be more likely to take and then challenge at this point.

Forest tried that, it didn't work.

50 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Minteh is the only player we seem willing to sell.

All the Gordon and Isak based stuff is what I was referring to. Seems fanciful and manufactured.

Aye that was my first thought. Put it out there so we are less sad when Minteh goes.  But as time goes on, I’m less convinced.  Because any Minteh transfer doesn’t seem certain. So if not Minteh a maybe - someone else. I would take a points deduction before selling Gordon. But what if they offered £80m for Gordon? We might take that. 

3 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Well at least Gordon will have two hours spare tomorrow night to sort the deal out... Not like he will have anything else to do .

If he’s going to Liverpool he will probably get a start tomorrow tbf.

1 hour ago, Upthemags said:

Very disappointed in the club's management... Hope they'll wise up, but just no excuse to be caught with their pants down this badly this late in the game

Got any real evidence to prove this.