Anthony Gordon

Jack27

I can chime in on this one (don’t have any info on Anderson or Minteh, but do on this).

We didn’t offer him to Liverpool. Liverpool did enquire a couple of weeks ago, and again at some point last week, but we said no. No intentions of selling him at all.

AG is absolutely fine and perfectly happy here. No issues. No “heads turned”. Just clickbait guesswork journalism. Some of his family have just moved up here too.

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I can chime in on this one (don’t have any info on Anderson or Minteh, but do on this).

We didn’t offer him to Liverpool. Liverpool did enquire a couple of weeks ago, and again at some point last week, but we said no. No intentions of selling him at all.

AG is absolutely fine and perfectly happy here. No issues. No “heads turned”. Just clickbait guesswork journalism. Some of his family have just moved up here too.

Never doubted it 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

As is the case with a lot of rumours like this. They need absolutely no source or proof whatsoever. They will come thick and fast over the next month.

Gordon is one of the few I didn't expect to hear this stuff about though. Thought it would be all about unsettling Bruno and Isak but it seems some journalists will try anything for the attention.

17 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Luv u SP

21 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

We didn’t offer him to Liverpool.

Honestly, this is so disgusting to me. How is this narrative getting pushed everywhere!

I hope the folks that were adamant we were scrambling around offering him all around last minute see this.

Just now, KaKa said:

Honestly, this is so disgusting to me. How is this narrative getting pushed everywhere!

I hope the folks that were adamant we were scrambling around offering him all around last minute see this.

In fairness it came from a journalist we regularly use to break stories so it was believable. 

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Reading between the lines I think we have quite clearly, both publicly and privately made it common knowledge that we’d have to sell 1-2 players (without specific names), and that has led certain journalists to go with an angle of us offering him around, when in reality it’s just the natural result of us needing to sell SOMEONE.

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

Reading between the lines I think we have quite clearly, both publicly and privately made it common knowledge that we’d have to sell 1-2 players (without specific names), and that has led certain journalists to go with an angle of us offering him around, when in reality it’s just the natural result of us needing to sell SOMEONE.

The generally reliable Chris Waugh even mentioned the head-turned thing a bit too....I mean are people just making that up?

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

So they just went with the biggest names to get a bunch of clicks.

Cannot stand this click baiting approach all these folks go with now.

It's so lazy and dumb.

The Liverpool connection is what made me think it was fake, because then you get clicks from three sets of supporters: Liverpool excited about it, Newcastle worried about it, and angry clicks (the best kind of click) from Everton.

If you were going to float a fake rumor to get clicks, that's an excellent choice.

57 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Shadow Puppets.... marry me.

29 minutes ago, KaKa said:

So they just went with the biggest names to get a bunch of clicks.

Cannot stand this click baiting approach all these folks go with now.

It's so lazy and dumb.

But it gets the bites! Look around. O0 Journos first to a story, not necessarily the truth.

Edited by PauloGeordio

Nothing wrong with suggesting Gordon COULD have been interested in a move to Liverpool, suggesting he somehow won't be utterly focused on us is an absolute cunts trick.