Anthony Gordon

Jack27

14 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

i really don't want him to go but it would make sense on a number of levels. We already have a ready made replacement in the squad (although not as good) and he's got 2 years left on his contract. It's either cash in now or a big new contract. His value only goes down from here.

Disagree with the last bit, his value only goes down as his contract nears the end. If he signs an extension he's a £100m player, young, already absolutely mint and likely to get better.

9 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

thank you Keith, put the boring prick in his place 

Hasn’t he just ripped off exactly what Shadow Puppets said a few pages back? Same as he did earlier in this thread or a different one earlier today?

26 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Disagree with the last bit, his value only goes down as his contract nears the end. If he signs an extension he's a £100m player, young, already absolutely mint and likely to get better.

What I was trying to say was he’s probably worth more this summer than he is next, but you’re right that depends on his form.

22 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Shadow Puppets are you Will? :lol: He’s lifted your quote!  That’s rich coming from Downie. All the journos bar Ornstein  are novelists!

No I’m not Will but 100% sure he reads this forum. He posted something I said about Pope a while back too.

4 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

Are journalists pricks when they give a story we don’t like, unpopular opinion but I just don’t get it

Nowt to do with him being a journalist, just think he’s a prick based on his interaction with fans and the way he is on twitter/sky.

9 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

Are journalists pricks when they give a story we don’t like, unpopular opinion but I just don’t get it

My thoughts on how arrogant he may be have no impact on my thoughts on him as a journalist.

Gordon really struggled when he first moved up here. The club (and Staveley personally) have been completely hands on with him and his girlfriend. Staveley had gone above and beyond in helping them.

What that means in terms of loyalty I’ve no idea, Gordon strikes me as a bit of a lad with a plan. If that involves playing for his boyhood team and they come calling, who knows. Let’s hope they don’t.

Having said that, my brother knows Lee Clark and was told that a deal involving Bobby coming back was one of many options the club had considered. Not sure how many bevvies Lee had had at this point.

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Gordon really struggled when he first moved up here. The club (and Staveley personally) have been completely hands on with him and his girlfriend. Staveley had gone above and beyond in helping them.

What that means in terms of loyalty I’ve no idea, Gordon strikes me as a bit of a lad with a plan. If that involves playing for his boyhood team and they come calling, who knows. Let’s hope they don’t.

Having said that, my brother knows Lee Clark and was told that a deal involving Bobby coming back was one of many options the club had considered. Not sure how many bevvies Lee had had at this point.

That goes against everything Gordon has said about moving up here. He said he felt at home immediately and loved it here instantly.

13 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Well we’ve, very predictably, had Bruno, Isak and Gordon scaremongering. That’s probably it for now. Hopefully the real stories get an airing now. 

Doesn't seem to happen around any other club to the extent we get it. I don't see clubs "circling around" for Saka or Odegaard, or "prepared to swoop" for Watkins or Bailey or any of the cartel 6s' best players. Our players get consistently sold in the media and it's gone back decades, not a recent thing.

8 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Signing Bobby Clark would be totally nonsensical, he's miles away from ever being a top 4 player.

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

That goes against everything Gordon has said about moving up here. He said he felt at home immediately and loved it here instantly.

He’s going to say that publically. He’d had a tough time at Everton and became a young dad a few months after joining us. My info is iron clad here. 

8 minutes ago, Beth said:

Signing Bobby Clark would be totally nonsensical, he's miles away from ever being a top 4 player.

That right? I’ll make sure my brother lets Lee know that his highly rated 19 year old son isn’t going to make it at the top 4 club he currently plays for. 

5 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

That right? I’ll make sure my brother lets Lee know that his highly rated 19 year old son isn’t going to make it at the top 4 club he currently plays for. 

Christ, I hope Vlachodimos‘s friend’s brother isn’t on the forum too.

10 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

He's really highly rated isn't he? Bit of a wonder kid apparently.

Has already featured for their first team and scored for them too I think.

Would be a good club homegrown midfield replacement for Anderson.

Mark Douglas' take...

DID THEY REALLY CONTEMPLATE SELLING ANTHONY GORDON?

It depends who you ask. Insiders say the communication with Liverpool over Gordon last week was more “testing the market” for their player of the year, assessing the sort of price he could command, than coming up with a formal proposal or forcing him out of the door.

They have been honest about the need for player trading and the fact that everyone in their squad has a price so doing due diligence around one of their most saleable assets when they had a pressing PSR issue was responsible.

But it is also alarming that Gordon’s name was being floated a week before a deadline they had known about for months given his huge importance to the way Newcastle play at their best. Liverpool certainly believed there was a deal to be done – indeed sources on Merseyside confirmed the offer over the weekend, indicating it was “not for us” because they had too many wingers.

1 hour ago, LionOfGosforth said:

This is one lingering rumor I really wish would fuck off.

Just going to be there till we slap him down on a new deal. If his agent got any sense, he’ll be jumping on this shit talk to get that new deal pushed through to more favourable terms.