Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Howay, give the lad a chance! He's had no pre-season, lost confidence due to a clueless manager, and we played the first game with 10 men. Look at the performances from other English players who played in the Euros.

Watkins, Bowen and Eze had below par performances (based on player ratings from live scores) and probably many more. Keep the faith. 

Yea, none of the players that have been with England all summer will be up and running properly till mid September. And with Gordon, it’s a good thing, rather he’s at peak fitness come game 31-36 and not out on his feet. 

Carsley first squad will be interesting. Should see Gordon in there and starting as he’ll be one of the players who will know what Carsley wants on the pitch.  

I really think he’s carrying an injury hence the England debacle, I mean he was like a whippet last season but now looks like he’ll collapse if he goes over 10mph.

Howe needs to make a decision on this. 

Plus the Liverpool shite might of done him in but I’m not convinced about that. 

Not a good game but playing on the right and scoring is massive really. If we’re genuinely not going to get a RW this window (which is actual madness) then we need to see Barnes left, Gordon right a lot even if it’s not Gordon’s best position 

Stinking attitude again. Arm waving all over the shop after looking like he couldn't give a fuck last week (as much as people say he was fine) Goal will probably mask it. But next week he either starts right wing or doesn't start at all. That's if he's not at Liverpool

Edited by jack j

Looks deflated and frustrated for sure. Hopefully the window slams with him still wearing a black and white shirt so we can all move on and he can get back to last seasons form.

Feels like Liverpool are waiting for a massive bid this week. Some big money coming in only strengthens their hand.

Just now, toontownman said:

Looks deflated and frustrated for sure. Hopefully the window slams with him still wearing a black and white shirt so we can all move on and he can get back to last seasons form.

Feels like Liverpool are waiting for a massive bid this week. Some big money coming in only strengthens their hand.

No it doesn’t. 

Goal masked another poor performance, if he wants to go to Liverpool fair enough but he can get fucked if he's just going to give up and stop running etc to try and force a move through . He did the same to get out of Everton as well.

7 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Goal masked another poor performance, if he wants to go to Liverpool fair enough but he can get fucked if he's just going to give up and stop running etc to try and force a move through . He did the same to get out of Everton as well.

He wasn’t helped by Howe yesterday starting him up front in a 442 in fairness.

I think people are reading too much into his performances, don't think it has anything to do with him wanting to leave but he just doesn't look match fit

Which is understandable considering he barely had a pre season 

He’s not had a pre season so isn’t match fit. 

I also think he is low on confidence after the Euros. He was upbeat and happy when he did that press conference, then he fell off his bike and Shitgate didn’t play him. 

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Screenshot_20240826-112916.png

This was my assumption when he signed, but things have played out differently.

The situation just needs clarifying. We can't continue with Murphy/Miggy starting.