Anthony Gordon

Jack27

5 hours ago, The Prophet said:

He's putting the graft in, it's blatantly the lack of any kind of meaningful pre-season, he looks well off it.

Eddie was asked about Gordon in the presser - a question put to him by Luke Edwards

Howe basically said he’s had just 2 weeks of pre season when normally you need 5 - they are trying to get him up to speed during games which isn’t ideal - they’ve tried to leave him on a bit longer just to build up his fitness 

Same applies to a few others - they haven’t reached the fitness levels they need to 

2 hours ago, nemtizz said:

No idea why he came back so late with having played so few minutes. 

Everyone needs a break from their job, both physically and mentally. He didn't play in Germany but you can't exactly call it a holiday, especially mentally.

7 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Eddie was asked about Gordon in the presser - a question put to him by Luke Edwards

Howe basically said he’s had just 2 weeks of pre season when normally you need 5 - they are trying to get him up to speed during games which isn’t ideal - they’ve tried to leave him on a bit longer just to build up his fitness 

Same applies to a few others - they haven’t reached the fitness levels they need to 

Also Howe said pre-match that he is looking for much more to come from everyone both technically and physically. Gordon did look exhausted when he sat on the bench, hope I was just an idiot jumping the gun with those sulking and lazy comments right after the match.

Superb man management there Gareth. It’s the arrogance that gets me. The left side was absolutely wasted and it was crying out for someone to drive into and utilise it. 

I’m adamant it was the interview he gave where he actually spoke complete sense and didn’t just trot out the standard platitudes. 

Safe bet that Southgate isn't on Gordon's Christmas list :lol: Quietly destroyed his managerial practices there. 

Pretty clear he's been affected by all that, with Liverpool bubbling away in the background at the same time to top it all off. Optimistic that this latest England trip will help hit the reset button - having both Eddie and Carsley rock solid behind him will do wonders.

On 01/09/2024 at 21:13, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Left foot, right foot, headed goals, pace, great strike, clever runs, tracking back and tackling, nice passes, footballing brain...

Not so limited tbf.

Not to dwell on this too much but you could apply most of this to Jacob Murphy, I'm not saying they're equivalent so we can leave there.

I'm big on technical ability, the likes of Tino, Isak, Bruno, Tonali, Tripps, Schar, Hall amongst others.

Players like Gordon who aren't overly blessed with that will tend to have lower floors and subsequently look worse when off form.

Edited by Roids

36 minutes ago, Roids said:

Not to dwell on this too much but you could apply most of this to Jacob Murphy, I'm not saying they're equivalent so we can leave there.

I'm big on technical ability, the likes of Tino, Isak, Bruno, Tonali, Tripps, Schar, Hall amongst others.

Players like Gordon who aren't overly blessed with that will tend to have lower floors and subsequently look worse when off form.

Absolute nonsense. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Absolute nonsense. 

'Left foot, right foot, headed goals, pace, great strike, clever runs, tracking back and tackling, nice passes, footballing brain...'

Most of these apply to Murphy

I think his contract situation needs sorted if it expires in 2026. If Guehi's value drops with every window, so does Gordon's with only 2 years left. He needs to be offered a new deal on wages to reflect his current status.

2 hours ago, Upthemags said:

Sad because Southgate ultimately cut off his nose to spite his face in not playing AG. Who knows what Southgate could've achieved if he could've put tactics over his own emotions.

Millimetre thin skin does Gareth.

6 hours ago, SteV said:

He gives absolutely fascinating interviews like:

https://youtu.be/RxbK0lC-UpY?si=Qe1lQ3l6Xq3qKph-

Sums up why I feel Southgate called him

and Eze up over Grealish / Rashford. The latter two would’ve confronted Southgate why they weren’t playing, whilst other two Gareth knew they wouldn’t so could persist with the team he decided and not deal with fall out.