[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

What was the point in the periods after 3 then if what just a straight shootout for the remaining tickets.

Why order them in a way that seems merit based? To save website traffic?

I don’t think it was a “straight shootout” as such. I think if you were in p4 you had a far greater chance of a ticket than if in p7, for example.

Appreciate that’s absolutely fuck all consolation if you’ve missed out in p4 and you’re seeing someone in p7 that’s got one like.

Can anyone who has recieved a successful email please confirm if a payment has come out and if it has, was it debit or credit card?

My only hope is that a late payment is taken from a credit card (took 24 hours last time).

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Can anyone who has recieved a successful email please confirm if a payment has come out and if it has, was it debit or credit card?

My only hope is that a late payment is taken from a credit card (took 24 hours last time).

Says pending on my credit card. I feel for you with the ticket situation btw. I still maintain a PRIORITY eligibility criteria should mean tickets are distributed to those with priority then roll over down the categories until they're gone.

18 minutes ago, SteV said:

I don’t think it was a “straight shootout” as such. I think if you were in p4 you had a far greater chance of a ticket than if in p7, for example.

Appreciate that’s absolutely fuck all consolation if you’ve missed out in p4 and you’re seeing someone in p7 that’s got one like.

You should just be happy for others fans like, it's miserable as owt to be whinging. 

No email for me. Not too down as I knew there was negligible chance, just a tad disappointed when my dad and everyone we go to the match with are all going except me. :lol:

Ah well. Just hope I can get to 1 or 2 aways in the rest of this season if anyone can help me out to satisfy the FOMO.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

You should just be happy for others fans like, it's miserable as owt to be whinging. 

Ian, maybe you should come back in the thread tomorrow with comments like this?  People are very disappointed and stuff like this just winds them up.

There are lots of comments on Twitter where P4s (season ticket holders) have missed out and and P5-7s (P6 = 1 cup match this season) have got tickets.

I know 2 P6s who both got tickets, while our P4 applications did not.

It is OK for people to be aggrieved about that while they get their head around it, without you being in here accusing them of being miserable.

I was in period 6 but didn’t enter the ballot as logistically would have been a nightmare.

without looking at it too in-depth They should have scrapped period 2 as very few were actually on that period and made period 3 in to 2 and 4 in to 3. Other than that it was always gonna be unfair to some. 

hope those that missed out can put their  disappointment aside and enjoy the final wherever they are watching it. 

Edited by gdm

Always going to be people disappointed. I think it’s great that STs don’t have priority for everything and that there’s a chance for members to get a ticket.

otherwise all those who applied for a ST in the summer and failed faced being locked out of all games indefinitely. 

There’s still a vastly reduced chance of getting a ticket if you’re only a member but seems fair to me to open up a small amount to them.

15 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Ian, maybe you should come back in the thread tomorrow with comments like this?  People are very disappointed and stuff like this just winds them up.

There are lots of comments on Twitter where P4s (season ticket holders) have missed out and and P5-7s (P6 = 1 cup match this season) have got tickets.

I know 2 P6s who both got tickets, while our P4 applications did not.

It is OK for people to be aggrieved about that while they get their head around it, without you being in here accusing them of being miserable.

You must know that your anecdotal experience means nothing? I’m gutted as well, but unless there were 100k tickets lots of people will be. 

Admittedly my timing might be bad, apologies for that. 

9 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

Buy a ticket for 19 games and pay 6 months in advance when you have no idea when the games will be but might give a cup final ticket to a member instead of you. Not right that.

Everyone would buy a ticket for 19 games if they could. 

I haven't got a ticket but just think a sense of perspective is needed here. At no point did anyone say an ST guarantees you priority for cup final tickets. If you're P4 or 5, you've either got less than 25 loyalty points or went to less than 3 carabao cup games. There could be any reason for that but also you have had chance to move yourself higher up the priority list. 

There are many people in P6 who gave up their STs due to Mike Ashley and haven't been able to get them back. Remember the scramble for the few STs they did release in the summer. People who gave up their tickets knew this was the risk but decided to do it anyway.

But all this moaning that 'I'm in p4 and I'm furious that someone in p6 got a ticket' isn't right. For starters, if the club handled it differently, it would lock out any non ST holders from attending cup finals, possibly ever again. Look at Liverpool's way of distributing tickets, they give members almost equal chance as ST holders because they know they have to keep as many people involved as possible. Secondly, there's fans in p6 and p7 that have done the hard yards, likely much more than those in p4 and p5. They've stood at the likes of Bolton watching us get smashed 5-1 and turned up again next week to do it all again. 

We should just be happy for those who have tickets and those of us who don't, find a pub with your mates and be glad you can experience us (hopefully) winning a trophy at long last. If you don't, your experience a week on Sunday could feel very hollow.  

Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

More respect for people who packed in their ticket in protest at Ashley than kept going but maybe that's a debate for a different day.

That day being the 25th of Never hopefully given the inevitable way it descended every single time in the past…