[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

I haven't got a ticket but just think a sense of perspective is needed here. At no point did anyone say an ST guarantees you priority for cup final tickets. If you're P4 or 5, you've either got less than 25 loyalty points or went to less than 3 carabao cup games. There could be any reason for that but also you have had chance to move yourself higher up the priority list. 

There are many people in P6 who gave up their STs due to Mike Ashley and haven't been able to get them back. Remember the scramble for the few STs they did release in the summer. People who gave up their tickets knew this was the risk but decided to do it anyway.

But all this moaning that 'I'm in p4 and I'm furious that someone in p6 got a ticket' isn't right. For starters, if the club handled it differently, it would lock out any non ST holders from attending cup finals, possibly ever again. Look at Liverpool's way of distributing tickets, they give members almost equal chance as ST holders because they know they have to keep as many people involved as possible. Secondly, there's fans in p6 and p7 that have done the hard yards, likely much more than those in p4 and p5. They've stood at the likes of Bolton watching us get smashed 5-1 and turned up again next week to do it all again. 

We should just be happy for those who have tickets and those of us who don't, find a pub with your mates and be glad you can experience us (hopefully) winning a trophy at long last. If you don't, your experience a week on Sunday could feel very hollow.  

Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

More respect for people who packed in their ticket in protest at Ashley than kept going but maybe that's a debate for a different day.

That day being the 25th of Never hopefully given the inevitable way it descended every single time in the past…

I'm still bloody panicking that the game isn't even in my history and I got it in P3, can't rest until its back there.

Genuinely feel for anyone who didn't get a ticket mind, I'm lucky but also totally understand those being aggrieved, it's affected me in thr past, had 110 points on my ST that I gave up when Bruce came, got it back after Covid and have 8 points which wws pretty much all the aways I could get to before it went mental, and am now completely locked out.

It's never going to be perfect, no supporter is more of a supporter than anyone else for the actions that they took and we all feel slighted in some way, but these arguments don't happen in shit times, so thankfully we're good now and games like this are going to become commonplace in the next few years we so we can all agree that's amazing and let's try and enjoy the ride!

Edited by NUFCDoog

4 minutes ago, Sergio said:

Feel like any bitterness/anger should be aimed at the fact that fans of the two clubs are given 64k seats in a 90.000 stadium. 

Wait til we make an FA Cup Final….

15 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

I’ve paid nearly £600 for a club Wembley ticket on the basis I wasn’t getting a ballot.

Haven’t received them yet though ?

Is that like a corporate ticket?