Your plans for the Cup Final

Kid Icarus

Your plans for the Cup Final  

275 members have voted

1. 1. It's Cup Final Day. What ya doin? Who's with ya?

• I've informed my mother and I'm going to Wembley
    • I'm going down to London regardless
    • I'm going into town (Newcastle)
    • I'm going to my local/stopping in

1 hour ago, Holloway said:

This question gets asked quite a bit over the course of a season ( good pubs to watch the games in) and it mostly goes unanswered . Does anyone here drink in Newcastle ?

Depends what you’re looking for: 

best atmosphere/most mental will likely be wonderbar

crow’s nest has big screens and will be busy

Shark Bar has a lot of screens, a lot of them side by side (pet hate of mine) 

Strawberry, Rosie’s, Three Bulls etc for more traditional pubs

Liberty Rooms looks decent but need tickets

Bar 52 for sports bar 

The Junction - average bar but good screens and tend to have a lot of staff on for quick service

Personally, barring a miracle and getting a ticket, I’ll be heading to The Riverside which is a former nightclub turned music venue. Hoping it will have a fanzone atmosphere but never been in there for football before. 

Hope that helps.

1 minute ago, Vedder said:

Bar 52 for sports bar 

The Junction - average bar but good screens and tend to have a lot of staff on for quick service

Personally, barring a miracle and getting a ticket, I’ll be heading to The Riverside which is a former nightclub turned music venue. Hoping it will have a fanzone atmosphere but never been in there for football before. 

Hope that helps.

Cheers for that, I get up a few times a season and never quite know where to head to for the match. I'm sorted for the final, it was a general question really 👍

14 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Cheers for that, I get up a few times a season and never quite know where to head to for the match. I'm sorted for the final, it was a general question really 👍

All the above still applies I think. It is a case of take your pick and you can’t go wrong. The Hotspur is decent but usually busy. Bar Loco is good, also busy, but plenty of room outside so you’re not rammed in. 

Just now, Sifu said:

Don't have a ticket for Wembley but half tempted to make a trip down on Saturday and then take the last train back up the same day...Trafalgar Square on Saturday from what I've read/heard, aye?

Aye that seems the plan!

2 hours ago, Sifu said:

Don't have a ticket for Wembley but half tempted to make a trip down on Saturday and then take the last train back up the same day...Trafalgar Square on Saturday from what I've read/heard, aye?

Only word of warning to that is that at the minute the forecast looks a bit iffy for the Saturday (still early yet like). Not sure Trafalgar Square will be particularly popular if it’s raining…

4 hours ago, Vedder said:

Bar 52 for sports bar 

Hope that helps.

I watched a match in fyeo by the station once - big screen and alternative entertainment if we get beat…

4 hours ago, Vedder said:

Bar 52 for sports bar 

Hope that helps.

generally though I prefer watching the match (if I’m not going which isn’t often so I’m not the best judge) out of town - wallsend high st, chilli road, gosforth high st, 3 mile, lochside (Cochran park)  piper (RHF/ fawdon) , jubilee (coxlodge) black bull (Benton), Windsor (kinky park) etc. 

12 hours ago, Vedder said:

All the above still applies I think. It is a case of take your pick and you can’t go wrong. The Hotspur is decent but usually busy. Bar Loco is good, also busy, but plenty of room outside so you’re not rammed in. 

Sorry, got confused here. Loco doesn’t show the game so ignore me. If you want to enjoy the match day, and we are at home, without going into the ground, to actually watch the game my friends often go to terrace bar and say it’s decent. Strawberry etc should be decent if it’s on tv. 

What's the deal with the NUFC pubs next to the stadium, have they said you have to book or can you just turn up pre match?

I've been a bit blase about the whole thing and assumed would be fine to just turn up, obviously know they'll be packed but can stand outside or whatever like general away days - I know boxpark are ticketing and it's sold out but would be able to get in any of the other pubs?

To be fair I'm planning on going in the stadium early doors anyway, so if all else fails I'll probably just nip into our fanzone for a bit outside first

1 minute ago, NUFCDoog said:

What's the deal with the NUFC pubs next to the stadium, have they said you have to book or can you just turn up pre match?

I've been a bit blase about the whole thing and assumed would be fine to just turn up, obviously know they'll be packed but can stand outside or whatever like general away days - I know boxpark are ticketing and it's sold out but would be able to get in any of the other pubs?

To be fair I'm planning on going in the stadium early doors anyway, so if all else fails I'll probably just nip into our fanzone for a bit outside first

Green Man is ticket only and sold out, not sure about the other pubs arrangements we’ve been allocated.

Where starting at KX before moving on to Baker Street before match.

12 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

Majority will be fine. Some might ask to see a match ticket. Imagine they’ll all be fairly rammed though.

I’d no chance of a ticket as only attend 4 / 5 games a season.

Travelling doon from Aberdeen to Newcastle on the Saturday morning and gan hame Monday lunchtime.

2 days on the lash with hopefully a trophy included ( I was born in 69 so ain’t had much to cheer aboot ) where better to watch it than in the toon !!!

It’ll be 2 weeks or so short of 39 years since I attended my first game ( a 3-1 win v Boro , and the f@ckers stole my jumper off my back and the trainers off my feet in Central station before the match ).As two 15 yr olds we were no match for about 120 - 150 smoggies.

The polis took us to a Salvation Army place and they gave us a pair of black loafer like shoes.  Tidy 🤣

Didn’t put me off one bit and I come down as often as finances dictate.

Sincerely hope those going to Laandan Town witness a win as it’s been way to lang.

And those of you who’ll be oot n aboot the toon , I’ll be celebrating with you hopefully.

4 hours ago, hazeyb said:

At home with my Manu supporting wife in Stretford.  The result of this match is likely to determine the fate of my 6 year olds footballing soul.  

Regardless of the result the sight of those magnificent  black and white stripes at Wembley will be enough to sway him.

18 hours ago, Sifu said:

That's what I'm doing. Train down sat morning. Day on the piss and Trafalgar Square. Kipping on the floor of mates hotel room then first train back Sunday morning to watch the game in town.