Your plans for the Cup Final

Kid Icarus

Your plans for the Cup Final  

275 members have voted

1. 1. It's Cup Final Day. What ya doin? Who's with ya?

• I've informed my mother and I'm going to Wembley
    • I'm going down to London regardless
    • I'm going into town (Newcastle)
    • I'm going to my local/stopping in

3 hours ago, Flip said:

Fuck. :lol: Mike’s going to jinx it, isn’t he? 

There isn't a doubt in my mind. :lol:

I'm coming to town every cup final until we win one, so this is either a promise or a warning.

47 minutes ago, STM said:

It will have been mentioned but is there a N-O meet up at trafalgar square?

If so, I'd love to meet a couple of you guys and share a toast. 

Alright guys don't all jump at once. [emoji38]

Fuck sake. I'm honestly alright.

I’m hopefully coming to Newcastle. Really don’t want to watch it at home and in glasgow all places will be showing the Scottish league cup final. 

Edited by gdm

On 01/02/2023 at 16:54, JB said:

None of the above. I'm away to Sweden that week, so I'll have to find somewhere in Gothenburg to watch it. Never even crossed my mind to check when the final was. :lol:

Seriously considering cancelling the Gothenburg leg of my trip now and going to Newcastle instead. :idiot2:

Going to be out around £250 in cancelled flights/trains if I do... but what if we win?

Really wish I was coming over, but it's tough with three young kids and also just told the family we're not coming this summer. Might raise an eyebrow or two if I come for a cup final :laugh:

Debating bar vs. watching at home...

Struggling to get cover at work as i'm rostered on as senior for the weekend :(

Hoping someone takes pity but looking unlikely.

Hope everyone has a blast, enjoy the occasion and atmosphere (stay safe - sound like me dad saying that) and scream and sing us to a victory!

:Jonny2J::indi:Hope its as good as we all hope for.

Had considered doing a 'Likely Lads' but think that'll be impossible.

Maybe best if I don't watch tbh...current score is 4 finals watched :TV 74,76 attended 98, 99 ( and semi in 00) and I'm four/five for zero as our American friends may say

HTL

2 minutes ago, George Bailey said:

Struggling to get cover at work as i'm rostered on as senior for the weekend :(

Hoping someone takes pity but looking unlikely.

Hope everyone has a blast, enjoy the occasion and atmosphere (stay safe - sound like me dad saying that) and scream and sing us to a victory!

:Jonny2J::indi:Hope its as good as we all hope for.

Had considered doing a 'Likely Lads' but think that'll be impossible.

Maybe best if I don't watch tbh...current score is 4 finals watched :TV 74,76 attended 98, 99 ( and semi in 00) and I'm four/five for zero as our American friends may say

HTL

Theres a few of us in that group, thrown in attended the Cardiff semi as well.

3 minutes ago, madras said:

Theres a few of us in that group, thrown in attended the Cardiff semi as well.

True must be a few thousand of us 'Jonahs'!

Was thinking of my dad as I wrote it, he would be chuckling to himself if still with us.

"What do you mean you have seen us lose cup finals!". Him and his generation of mates would have thought it almost unthinkable after the victorious years they saw.

Hopefully the younger ones amongst our supporters now will get to experience something akin to those levels of success. HTL

19 minutes ago, George Bailey said:

True must be a few thousand of us 'Jonahs'!

Was thinking of my dad as I wrote it, he would be chuckling to himself if still with us.

"What do you mean you have seen us lose cup finals!". Him and his generation of mates would have thought it almost unthinkable after the victorious years they saw.

Hopefully the younger ones amongst our supporters now will get to experience something akin to those levels of success. HTL

Did you really enjoy any of them as days out ? The only one I enjoyed was the Cardiff semi as we stopped in Gloucester the night before so it wasn't just a screaming hoard of our lot ten deep at the bar singing the same song all night.

38 minutes ago, madras said:

Did you really enjoy any of them as days out ? The only one I enjoyed was the Cardiff semi as we stopped in Gloucester the night before so it wasn't just a screaming hoard of our lot ten deep at the bar singing the same song all night.

Yeah quite enjoyable trip for the Arsenal final (football aside).

Man Utd one less so and semi final was just frustrating all round 🤣

Sheeeiiitttt…….the better half has just said I should go to Newcastle for the match……is there any plans to show it on a big screen at SJP or any pubs organising events for this……in a state of shock, better see what flights and prices are 🤗🤪