Your plans for the Cup Final

Kid Icarus

Your plans for the Cup Final  

275 members have voted

1. 1. It's Cup Final Day. What ya doin? Who's with ya?

• I've informed my mother and I'm going to Wembley
    • I'm going down to London regardless
    • I'm going into town (Newcastle)
    • I'm going to my local/stopping in

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Bollocks no chance PIF will pay them triple time to get wor lot down.

Honestly wouldn’t surprise me. What bigger disruption can they make than striking when 2 clubs from the north are playing in a cup final on London 

13 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Just found out that the Newcastle fanzone is literally outside of the bar that we booked while back.  Result. 

It's going to be a fairly raucous occasion :snod:

Wheres that at like?

1 hour ago, Mag_in_NZ said:

Sheeeiiitttt…….the better half has just said I should go to Newcastle for the match……is there any plans to show it on a big screen at SJP or any pubs organising events for this……in a state of shock, better see what flights and prices are 🤗🤪

Don't think you need me to tell you you have one special lady there!   Should have seen the 'negotiations' here with my Mrs just to get the Sunday/Monday "off".... and I'm just 100 miles up the road! :)

Edited by ScottishMagpie

Think I've figured out an itinerary that gets me in Saturday afternoon, 2 nights in toon and then back home by Monday evening. Involves a train to Bristol and flying from there - couldn't bare the thought of 14 fucking hours on a bus each way even if it was a fraction of the cost. 

£310 all in.

Will wait and see if there are any rail strikes announced tomorrow and how I feel about the price after the working week is done. The FOMO is massive like :lol:

7 hours ago, JB said:

Seriously considering cancelling the Gothenburg leg of my trip now and going to Newcastle instead. :idiot2:

Going to be out around £250 in cancelled flights/trains if I do... but what if we win?

Just went and did this. Eventually decided I'd hate myself if, when we finally won something, I was watching in some bar in Sweden rather than in Newcastle.

HTL! :indi:

All these arrivals from the four corners of the globe definitely need chronicling in a thread on final week.

Mad to think that in less than 18 months we’ve gone from a club where people often didn’t even want to turn the TV on to watch us, to a club where people are prepared to fly half way round the world for a match they won’t even be attending.

4 hours ago, Ameritoon said:

Do I stay in London or go to Newcastle for the match?

Screenshot 2023-02-09 213042.jpg

If you have room in your suitcase please can you bring me over a Giordano’s deep dish? Had one when I was in Chicago for the marathon last year and I was in mourning for weeks when I’d finished it.