N-O League Cup Final Meet (Newcastle)

BlazeT44

39 minutes ago, Mike said:

We passed it but Branko was like Jiminy cricket on my shoulder.

33 minutes ago, Disco said:

Harsh on Jiminy, who is actually taller.

:lol: 

I really dont remember much past the mile castle about 11pm, but I think me, Disco and our mate passed it at the end of the night and I remember refusing his suggestion to be patrons at 1:30am. 

23 minutes ago, Mike said:

You were such a snotty dickhead about the cape at first. Like, telling me if I wore the cape you didn't want to be seen with me.

"Ooh, take off the cape Shak. The locals will think the people meeting their internet friends aren't cool if they see you wearing a flag as a cape."

Two days later you're bringing the thing home with you and it's part of your fucking identity :lol:

22 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Only other place Id go in the area is The Waterfront. Granted they might no longer be the best two since I was more of a frequent visitor.

Already mentioned by Disco but I've got Fisherman's Bay in Whitley a close second to Longsands. Think it's a bit cheaper as well, always feel like I've had my eyes out when we get a Longsands now.

Was absolutely gutted after game. I was going to post in here and come meet up but my older brother wanted to gan for a meal and a few more pints before he retired to hotel. 

By that time I was too pissed. Ended up bumping into this lad I know, was in Bigg Market for a bit (I think) and no firm recollection if getting back to hotel. Woke up fully clothed on bed in my hotel at 5am. 😆 

Be good to do another NO online meet up later this season or next. I'd definitely come to that. Glad everyone had a great time (apart from result). Banter in this thread has been class.

34 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: 

I really dont remember much past the mile castle about 11pm, but I think me, Disco and our mate passed it at the end of the night and I remember refusing his suggestion to be patrons at 1:30am. 

Aye my memory film is missing a scene or two which isn't great. Was absolutely delighted that I didn't manage lose anything, work up with yuge fear I'd fucked my coat off. Yesterday is as bad as I've felt in a long, long time.

Can't not read Shak's posts in his accent now either which is somewhat disconcerting.

9 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Was absolutely gutted after game. I was going to post in here and come meet up but my older brother wanted to gan for a meal and a few more pints before he retired to hotel. 

By that time I was too pissed. Ended up bumping into this lad I know, was in Bigg Market for a bit (I think) and no firm recollection if getting back to hotel. Woke up fully clothed on bed in my hotel at 5am. 😆 

Be good to do another NO online meet up later this season or next. I'd definitely come to that. Glad everyone had a great time (apart from result). Banter in this thread has been class.

There'll be something on Sunday 2nd April. Kickabout (optional) in the morning then match in the evening. See pinned thread. :thup:

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Aye my memory film is missing a scene or two which isn't great. Was absolutely delighted that I didn't manage lose anything, work up with yuge fear I'd fucked my coat off. Yesterday is as bad as I've felt in a long, long time.

Can't not read Shak's posts in his accent now either which is somewhat disconcerting.

Yeah I was dog rough yesterday, barely ate a thing and had to drive back at like 4pm. Being in the Mile Castle on a Sunday night was an experience, I remember that group was rough af and we acquired that random hanger on between there and twenty twenty? Couldnt actually believe it seems around 1:30/2am when we called it a night? Doesnt feel like we were out long enough for that so obviously large chunks missing. Think it was the double rums. 

2 hours ago, Shak said:

One poster from on here was very critical, basically said they were shite. I don't want to drop him in it so I'll leave his name anonymous for now but his quote was "I wouldn't buy them if they were available in Finland."

:lol: That’s way too harsh, he said they were alright but wouldn’t buy them at home due to superior options. Unless I was mistaken.

22 hours ago, Dokko said:

If you asked me at pint 7 instead of pint 3, then it would have been a different answer. :lol:

You were handsy as fuck after the match, if you recall. That felt like a yes. :lol:

22 hours ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Also shout out to @Rockerwho just might be the most affable man I’ve ever met. 

From a distance Rock looks like he goes everywhere with his keys between his fingers but then you make eye contact and he's the sweetest person on the planet Earth. Like...holy hell.