N-O League Cup Final Meet (Newcastle)

BlazeT44

51 minutes ago, Disco said:

:lol::lol: No comment.

58 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: 

I'll take shit from Sexual Chocolate about accent stuff but you two wey aye merchants can go back to your glass houses and fuck yourselves. :lol:

Big thank you to everyone for this unforgettable long weekend despite the result. Special thanks to @BlazeT44 for organising everything on Sunday and the locals who took so good care of me on different nights like @dinotheprehistoricgeordie, @LFEE and @AyeDubbleYoo. Great to meet so many new people from here and everyone I talked with was sound as fuck, at least from what I could understand.

Hope to be back soon and can’t wait for the next meet up!

Edited by Pata

8 hours ago, Shak said:

One poster from on here was very critical, basically said they were shite. I don't want to drop him in it so I'll leave his name anonymous for now but his quote was "I wouldn't buy them if they were available in Finland.”

:lol: 

Definitely a great few days. Met a lot of good people and a lot of good talks over pints.

Not something I ever expected to happen but it's so nice to have a welcoming group of people in Newcastle who made a pretty spur of the moment decision great, despite the result.

Also, what a city Newcastle is. Can't wait to come back. 

7 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

Definitely a great few days. Met a lot of good people and a lot of good talks over pints.

Not something I ever expected to happen but it's so nice to have a welcoming group of people in Newcastle who made a pretty spur of the moment decision great, despite the result.

Also, what a city Newcastle is. Can't wait to come back. 

Biased like but I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else. Glad you had a great time and hope you make the journey next time, as we’ll win the fucker.

Just catching up on the threads from the weekend and it's an absolute pleasure reading about those who came to Newcastle, particularly those who came for the first time or from abroad. 

As someone who's lived in and around the city most of my life I'm not at all surprised by the warm welcome and local hospitality that you all received. There's almost a jealousy I feel - bit like when someone else you know watches a TV show or film you've absolutely loved for years for the first time, they think it's great too and you wish you could experience it for the first time again too.

Well done to all the local lads who showed everyone round - looks like you did a class job.

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/02/2023 at 06:29, Kid Icarus said:

I just wish I'd paced myself better. Two bottles of wine by half time was daft and meant that I was more or less asleep for the second half, had to leave at full time, left my denim jacket, sunglasses, and cap behind, and went to sleep as soon as I got home at 8pm :lol: Fucking idiot 

The fun never ends. Just went to pay my credit card bill, remembered that the only access I have to it now is through an old phone, tried to remember where I put it, then remembered that I took it out with me to use the quick pay on it in case I ended up staying out. 

Credit card stuff is fine, but lost a phone with an SD card in it that has hundreds of photos, most of which are from my daughter's first year. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

3 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

The fun never ends. Just went to pay my credit card bill, remembered that the only access I have to it now is through an old phone, tried to remember where I put it, then remembered that I took it out with me to use the quick pay on it in case I ended up staying out. 

Credit card stuff is fine, but lost a phone with an SD card in it that has hundreds of photos, most of which are from my daughter's first year. 

Ah shit. They not get automatically uploaded to the cloud or you disabled it?

On 31/03/2023 at 18:27, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Ah shit. They not get automatically uploaded to the cloud or you disabled it?

Rang again yesterday just to make absolutely sure it hadn't been handed in. The bloke was like "there's a denim jacket but it's a woman's, if you call in though it might not be on the list I've got"

No, mine's the woman's denim jacket, they had it. :lol: So relieved like.