N-O League Cup Final Meet (Newcastle)

BlazeT44

12 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Feel like it’s time to pull the trigger on a trip over before the end of the season even.

Thinking Tottenham on the 23rd of April myself. Late birthday trip. 

Let’s hang. I won’t get you as drunk again. :lol: 

Edited by cubaricho

6 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Thinking Tottenham on the 23rd of April myself. Late birthday trip. 

Let’s hang. I won’t get you as drunk again. :lol: 

:lol: let’s not lie to each other, KI was two vino bottles deep on a Sunday afternoon. We’ll be lucky to make it to the match.

Edited by Deuce

1 minute ago, Deuce said:

:lol: let’s not lie to each other, KI was two vino bottles deep on a Sunday afternoon. We’ll be lucky to make it to the match.

Sheet GIF

You know I have all day in me. Especially at sea level, it’s like a super power. :lol: 

3 hours ago, Robster said:

I'm sorry if i've missed it but please tell me there is one of @Mike at SJP.

:lol: I have several but the lady made me do a pose and I look like how the lass looks at the start of the casting vids where he's convincing her to get her kit off.

7 hours ago, Nobody said:

Do you not normally drink back home, or are you just so hardcore that you can just out drink all the Geordies? :lol:

:lol: I kept pace. I did not out drink.

I did out cold weather them, though. USAUSAUSAUSA

3 hours ago, Mike said:

:lol: I have several but the lady made me do a pose and I look like how the lass looks at the start of the casting vids where he's convincing her to get her kit off.

:lol:

Superb. So happy you made it there and did the tour. Can't imagine how it felt to finally walk out and see the pitch.

Brilliant stuff.

3 minutes ago, Robster said:

:lol:

Superb. So happy you made it there and did the tour. Can't imagine how it felt to finally walk out and see the pitch.

Brilliant stuff.

:lol: The tour is brilliant, tbf. She played Local Hero and let the kids walk down the tunnel and all us old fuckers we're like "Can we be kids too?"

Mike back in New York is genuinely feeling like the final scene in Local Hero :( can imagine the knackered phone box next to the Mile Castle on Westgate Road starting to ring :(

Edited by OpenC

2 hours ago, OpenC said:

Mike back in New York is genuinely feeling like the final scene in Local Hero :( can imagine the knackered phone box next to the Mile Castle on Westgate Road starting to ring :(

:lol: Proper maudlin, like. Got off at a local station and had to wait 30 mins for cab thinking "If I was still there I could have walked hyem."

8 hours ago, Deuce said:

Proper jealous of my fellow Yanks (and other fellow forrins like Pata and Kaiz) who pulled the trigger and made the trip over. Sounds like a tremendous time, thanks in large part to some terrific hosts.

Feel like it’s time to pull the trigger on a trip over before the end of the season even.

I will absolutely sneak back over if Deuce is going.

Deuce we should be dumb cunts and go to Newcastle to watch The Bills play a game in Buffalo.

Glad to hear the result didn't sour anyone's experience. Finally, just about managed to pull my head out of my arse after Sunday, was rough as dogs yesterday. Canny to put some faces to usernames and see some of you again for the first time in a while. Kudos again to Blaze for organising, hero.

11 hours ago, Shak said:

Man, what a couple of days.

November 2008 was the last time I had been in Newcastle before yesterday. Would have seemed unthinkable back then but that's what the Ashley era did. Can safely say that if this forum didn't exist then I'd have packed NUFC in completely.

Incredible time yesterday, the buzz before the game was immense and as disappointing as it was to lose, I'm so glad I went over and got to be there with you lot for it.

Even today, sitting for a couple of hours in a place as synonymous with NUFC as The Strawberry drinking with Pata, Ameritoon and Blaze and his family. Felt great.

Silver lining of the result is that I'm going to Newcastle for every final until we win one and that means I get to do this again pretty soon.

Can't wait.

This cocksucker right here. Let me tell you, I met him in person on Sunday and from the moment he popped out the station and I screamed You Motherfucker at him, it's felt like I've known him 20 years. This guy is my dude.

He can't navigate a map for shit, but he's absolutely fucking top notch.

Apparently a gwordie woman misled him about where to get off the train and he got lost coming from the airport. I ain't meet a single mean Geordie lady and I was wandering the town like I was jumping off Assassins Creed towers and opening up the map. I call bullshit, but it felt rude to do in person so I'm having a go now from the comfort of my entire ocean in the way.

14 minutes ago, Disco said:

Glad to hear the result didn't sour anyone's experience. Finally, just about managed to pull my head out of my arse after Sunday, was rough as dogs yesterday. Canny to put some faces to usernames and see some of you again for the first time in a while. Kudos again to Blaze for organising, hero.

Just about pulled myself round. Glad I took 2 days off, think i'd have needed the week if we won.

On a nor.al Tuesday at 5am I would be out the bed and headed to the gym. I'm am fucking shattered and those goddamn beautiful cobblestone roads hurt like a motherfucker. My feet are fucking deceased.

So what ended up being the meet? What did @BlazeT44 set up? Sounds like a corker. Very jelly.

I stated at home and watched with my dad who has some health issues, it was amazingly special to watch it with him but obviously would have been amazing to be in Newcastle. Maybe next time...