N-O League Cup Final Meet (Newcastle)

BlazeT44

Just now, Jimburst said:

So what ended up being the meet? What did @BlazeT44 set up? Sounds like a corker. Very jelly.

I stated at home and watched with my dad who has some health issues, it was amazingly special to watch it with him but obviously would have been amazing to be in Newcastle. Maybe next time...

The main meet was at that bar near Central, but there were sevral throughout the day. First one at the club shop, then the strawberry, then a restaurant and finally the bar itself.

Presumably the final one was gonna be us Office Spacing the fuck out of a horse while doing the Toon toon chant.

Just now, Mike said:

The main meet was at that bar near Central, but there were sevral throughout the day. First one at the club shop, then the strawberry, then a restaurant and finally the bar itself.

Presumably the final one was gonna be us Office Spacing the fuck out of a horse while doing the Toon toon chant.

:lol:

Write a book.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Presumably the final one was gonna be us Office Spacing the fuck out of a horse while doing the Toon 

What restaurant and bar?? The photos make it look mental.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

This cocksucker right here. Let me tell you, I met him in person on Sunday and from the moment he popped out the station and I screamed You Motherfucker at him, it's felt like I've known him 20 years. This guy is my dude.

He can't navigate a map for shit, but he's absolutely fucking top notch.

Apparently a gwordie woman misled him about where to get off the train and he got lost coming from the airport. I ain't meet a single mean Geordie lady and I was wandering the town like I was jumping off Assassins Creed towers and opening up the map. I call bullshit, but it felt rude to do in person so I'm having a go now from the comfort of my entire ocean in the way.

He's better at navigating maps than @Super Duper Branko Strupar

took him 45 mins to get to the twenty twenty bar 😂

Edited by BlazeT44

@Mike

@cubaricho

@Ameritoon

@Deuce

I guess I could organise something for Oct/Nov 2023 and try and get 50 tickets to a home game in the same block.

Gives you guys chance to save, book leave from work and for everyone to meet this time!

You guys want it, I'll try organise it and we can take over a floor of a hotel, too.

Let's do a long weekend, rather than a day...

Edited by BlazeT44

5 minutes ago, BlazeT44 said:

@Mike

@cubaricho

@Ameritoon

@Deuce

I guess I could organise something for Oct/Nov 2023 and try and get 50 tickets to a home game in the same block.

Gives you guys chance to save, book leave from work and for everyone to meet this time!

You guys want it, I'll try organise it and we can take over a floor of a hotel, too.

Let's do a long weekend, rather than a day...

@thomas

@B-more Mag

@Kanji

@GeneralYankKlaxon

19 hours ago, Mike said:

At the airport, headed...well, not home. Back to NY.

Admittedly I haven't been many places, but of all the places I've been I've never felt so immediately comfortable and at home as I have from the second I touched down in your incredible city. Even before I got to meet you lovely people on here I was only ever greeted with kindness and respect. Sad to say that it's more than I receive in my nation of birth and has been a bit of an eye opener to how far things in the states has fallen.

Thank you to @BlazeT44 for setting this up, and to every single one of you that contributed to lifelong memories I will cherish forever.

Thank you to everyone that has ever been on this ridiculous forum that fir a very, very long time was the only point of light in a life of darkness. Thank you for sustaining me long enough for me to save myself. I can never repay that.

To everyone I missed out on meeting...next time.

There will absolutely be a next time. I miss it already and I'm just sat in the fuckimg airport.

This week I learned where I live, and where home might be.

Best post I've ever read on this forum.

14 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Best post I've ever read on this forum.

There should be some kind of Nobel prize for it.

Maybe even a higher accolade like a forum end of year award 

1 minute ago, Pata said:

What was the name of the recommended fish and chips place in Tynemouth? Heading there now.

Barca bar is nice if you’re needing a beer. 

I was there pre- match Sunday 

Also I think I said I'd give some Asian recommendations to @Ameritoonif he's still about. Nadon Thai, Chilli Padi (which you know about), Thai House Cafe. Sachins if you like Indian food. There's a new Vietnamese place opened recently too, 

Ngon Cafe, which I've seen good feedback for but not been.

13 minutes ago, Pata said:

What was the name of the recommended fish and chips place in Tynemouth? Heading there now.

Longsands. Colman's in South Shields is officially the best imo, but it's a bit out the way and Longsands is close enough and in a nicer area.