Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

4 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

I’m absolutely sure this current government will get that appointment right 

Rees Mogg ?

I think everyone's missing the point on what we (and 19 others) voted for recently.

The vote that just happened didn't introduce any new rules. It was a vote to proceed with determining a new system and voting on it by June. It was essentially a vote against the current system and the strict form of punishment.

Our goal will be to qualify for one of the three European competitions each season, which means we're going to be required to meet those regulations. A system that mirrors those rules, possibly with some more leeway, and does away with points deductions as its initial and primary form of punishment would be a vast improvement.

4 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Breaking news is Forest docked four points. Their defence is that they would have been okay if they had firesaled Brennan Johnson, but they waited to get more money in for him.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/18/nottingham-forest-docked-four-points-premier-league-financial-rules-breach-profitability-and-sustainability

I don't care for FFP/PSR and other such protectionist racket but that's a terrible defence

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

I don't care for FFP/PSR and other such protectionist racket but that's a terrible defence

I agree with there defence tbh.

Its about profit and sustainablity, are they a more sustainable club because they get 10m less 2 months earlier for their star player?

6 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Breaking news is Forest docked four points. Their defence is that they would have been okay if they had firesaled Brennan Johnson, but they waited to get more money in for him.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/18/nottingham-forest-docked-four-points-premier-league-financial-rules-breach-profitability-and-sustainability

It'll be knocked down to two on appeal.

7 minutes ago, Stottie said:

i.e they're now more financially secure for selling their asset on their terms.

Edited by The Prophet

20 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I think everyone's missing the point on what we (and 19 others) voted for recently.

The vote that just happened didn't introduce any new rules. It was a vote to proceed with determining a new system and voting on it by June. It was essentially a vote against the current system and the strict form of punishment.

Our goal will be to qualify for one of the three European competitions each season, which means we're going to be required to meet those regulations. A system that mirrors those rules, possibly with some more leeway, and does away with points deductions as its initial and primary form of punishment would be a vast improvement.

Didn't know that. Cheers.

1 minute ago, madras said:

It'll be knocked down to two on appeal.

Imagine they stay up by a point after the season because of this.

PL clubs really fucked this up.

Its hard to sympathize with Forest after them buying in two dozen players. This rule putting an effective sell-by deadline on players though will simply force down prices and make this thing an even bigger racket than it is already. Spurs getting Johnson for say 30m not the 47m they paid just because Forest have to jump through an arbitrary hoop by a time set midway through a transfer window, not the end of the window, would not make football fairer.

All teams below the “real top six” need to be docked at least ten points at the start of every season and then if they end up going on a quality run of form, dock another ten points for being try-hards

Great news if this relegates them. Get into the bastards between now and the summer, cause chaos to the point we're not sure who'll be in the PL come the start of the season and make them look like right arseholes.

7 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Forest now docked now.

League is a total joke

Which will probably be the same for Everton, meaning it will cover the original ten points deduction. What a fucking shambles

4 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Meanwhile, on Moss Side....

Again, over a hundred charges being contested by one of the best funded legal departments in the world. It'll take a hell of a lot longer.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Again, over a hundred charges being contested by one of the best funded legal departments in the world. It'll take a hell of a lot longer.

They've been hanging over them for years!!! Should be way more advanced.

18 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Its hard to sympathize with Forest after them buying in two dozen players. This rule putting an effective sell-by deadline on players though will simply force down prices and make this thing an even bigger racket than it is already. Spurs getting Johnson for say 30m not the 47m they paid just because Forest have to jump through an arbitrary hoop by a time set midway through a transfer window, not the end of the window, would not make football fairer.

Isn’t this exactly what we done to Everton with Gordon? 

25 minutes ago, TRC said:

Its about profit and sustainablity, are they a more sustainable club because they get 10m less 2 months earlier for their star player?

That's my point, we know it's not really about sustainability but within the rules they broke them, it's as simple as that

They should have bought a player or two less if they weren't confident of staying within their limits

26 minutes ago, TRC said:

They could have sold someone else too. I know but with these things you do have to have cut off points at some point

6 minutes ago, Magpie said:

They've been hanging over them for years!!! Should be way more advanced.

It's 115 charges, spanning a nine year period. A hearing this year seems about right, it'll last months too.