Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

4 minutes ago, SAK said:

Won’t that set a precedent that we can then follow and pay a fine afterwards?

edit: not a fine but a financial settlement.

I don't think so because the specifics of their case can't really be replicated. The rules have evolved to prevent a good amount of what they did in the future, so Man City II would have been stopped or punished along the way. And, thus, they would not have become so big / successful, which is what has made this so messy.

4 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I don't think so because the specifics of their case can't really be replicated. The rules have evolved to prevent a good amount of what they did in the future, so Man City II would have been stopped or punished along the way. And, thus, they would not have become so big / successful, which is what has made this so messy.

As I understand it aren’t the charges re fake sponsors and making payments via third parties to staff to keep costs of city’s books plus non compliance in assisting investigating authorities? Not saying we should create fake sponsors or pay players off the books but if we did overspend instead of a points deduction couldn’t we argue City were treated different for doing far worse and that we wanted to negotiate a financial settlement?

Open the floodgates if this happens, we will just pay the settlement and buy who we want. Surely also means huge legal challenge from Forest if they go down.

1 minute ago, Gaztoon said:

League doesn't want a court case.

Cause City have a bottomless pit £££££££

1 minute ago, Gaztoon said:

League doesn't want a court case.

Funny that within a week of someone taking legal action on Related Party Fair Market Value then this appears…

It means all the PSR shit is not going to matter to them and should for us either if that's the case. Bet Amanda etc have been waiting for this to all unfold

Posted (edited)

Everton/Moshiri seem to have gotten their act together and told 777 Partners to fuck off

Edited by Jack27

3 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Everton/Moshiri seem to have gotten their act together and told 777 Partners to fuck off

Doesn’t that still mean they are facing administration?

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Doesn’t that still mean they are facing administration?

other buyers interested supposedly

how often did we hear that?

3 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

Might be in the minority but I hope Man City get away with it all, I love the fact they have stopped the likes of Liverpool , Arsenal and Man United picking up trophies , I like them and Pep a lot and hate them other three clubs so couldn't care less if they have cheated .

Totally with you on that.

Had this arguement a while back that were it not for City "buying the league" and by extension Chelsea and Blackburn too - we'd have had the Premier League won by three clubs plus Leicester's miracle. Add on to that the fact Liverpool and Arsenal were winning the 1st Division nearly every season and with Manchester United hoovering up the majority of the cups.

Instead of one club that nobody outside of Manchester had any real dislike for dominating this generation we'd have had three clubs dominating the last half century two of which are the most loathsome clubs of all and the other Arsenal. It might be boring but boring is bliss compared to the alternative.

12 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Totally with you on that.

Had this arguement a while back that were it not for City "buying the league" and by extension Chelsea and Blackburn too - we'd have had the Premier League won by three clubs plus Leicester's miracle. Add on to that the fact Liverpool and Arsenal were winning the 1st Division nearly every season and with Manchester United hoovering up the majority of the cups.

Instead of one club that nobody outside of Manchester had any real dislike for dominating this generation we'd have had three clubs dominating the last half century two of which are the most loathsome clubs of all and the other Arsenal. It might be boring but boring is bliss compared to the alternative.

I had a similar argument recently!

I was trying to explain that to me, Man City's "cheating" isn't the same as bribing referees or taking performance enhancing drugs etc. It just allowed them to do what many teams have done before them over the years - outspend the competition. They haven't even spent that much compared to Man Utd and Chelsea, but they've definitely spent it better.

I'm not of the opinion that they shouldn't be punished btw (although I so appreciate the advantage that would offer us along with any other clubs who would benefit from FFP/PSR being binned)

I'd love to see what would happen if City got off lightly. Even if they were guilty of most of the charges imo they'd only get a points deduction, maybe 15-20 pts, enough to stop them winning the league but not enough to prevent them qualifying for the CL.

18 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

I had a similar argument recently!

I was trying to explain that to me, Man City's "cheating" isn't the same as bribing referees or taking performance enhancing drugs etc. It just allowed them to do what many teams have done before them over the years - outspend the competition. They haven't even spent that much compared to Man Utd and Chelsea, but they've definitely spent it better.

I'm not of the opinion that they shouldn't be punished btw (although I so appreciate the advantage that would offer us along with any other clubs who would benefit from FFP/PSR being binned)

We're the same rules in place ? If not then it's more than just spending more then others.

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Yup absolutely but it’s the classic big boys rigging things in favour of themselves. 

Makes a mockery of their statement:

We are convinced that the format chosen strikes the right balance and that it will improve the competitive balance and generate solid revenues that can be distributed to clubs, leagues and into grassroots football across our continent while increasing the appeal and popularity of our club competitions

*Hardly lines up with giving 75% of that money to the 8 richest/most successful teams

Just now, Fezzle said:

Makes a mockery of their statement:

We are convinced that the format chosen strikes the right balance and that it will improve the competitive balance and generate solid revenues that can be distributed to clubs, leagues and into grassroots football across our continent while increasing the appeal and popularity of our club competitions

*Hardly lines up with giving 75% of that money to the 8 richest/most successful teams

Of course, those clubs have been playing both sides for the longest, they didn’t get the super league but they got the bigger piece of the pie. They should be getting less for the next 100 years as punishment.

Posted (edited)

Despite their apparent hyper-sensitivities and the alleged goal of ensuring financial fair play, the elites see this as just fine.

Fancy that.

Edited by Jonas