Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

Just now, Keegans Export said:

Didn't they take two players from Juve as part of the Luiz deal then immediately loan them out?

They did indeed, but they are both young and can develop. if they don’t then they’ve manage to do outdo us :lol:

Just now, Keegans Export said:

Didn't they take two players from Juve as part of the Luiz deal then immediately loan them out?

Argument is they’re youngsters rather than a 30 year old Greek dud. They might at least have some on-sell value.

7 minutes ago, Paully said:

Undoubtedly these players were all traded because of PSR but other than the Vlad fee Is Anthony else egregious fee wise?

the article struck me as it’s the international week and we have nothing to write about tbh. 

.... so NUFC to tank the season and be relegated, spend BLOOD MONEY on Ronaldo, Kaka, Rui Costa, Pirlo, etc. then win promotion. Problem Premier League. :troll:

10 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I'm not sure how this is news to anyone. It's what Man City have been doing for nearly a decade, they read the rules and find the ambigious terms and exploit them. It shows how badly the Premier League is operated though, however this isn't a surprise either, as the general casual nature of professional football when it comes to legalities, human resources, etc. from top  to bottom is crazy. 

Edited by OCK

Again, we had by far the worst deal from those transfers. 

The players the other clubs got are either useful players, young with a chance to retain or add value or young enough to be used for another FFP transfer next year or the year after. 

We should get a Saudi PIF club to sign a random Ligue 1 club player for £45m, then get that club to sign our GK for £22m. Should be enough to cover wages and leave a little in the bank for the Ligue 1 club.  In fact - if the actual transfer is already in the clear FFP wise then £20m is his FMV and we should get a Saudi club to buy him for the same figure.  

The lads book cost is probably more then Fabian Schar or the same amount as Joelintons wages. It’s not an insignificant amount.  

There's a real danger here of these rules and the backlash against them being the best advert going for them being scrapped entirely, which imo would be even worse than what we have at the moment. 

I think the general feeling on here is that we don't want to be a Chelsea or a 2008 Man City, more that we just want the likes of us, Villa, previously Everton to compete and not be forced into these daft situations where we're incentivised to sell our local talent. 

I don't know what the solution is, but I know it's not just scrapping it altogether, I'd genuinely hate it, not least because it would be much more likely that we'd lose Howe imo. 

16 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

There's a real danger here of these rules and the backlash against them being the best advert going for them being scrapped entirely, which imo would be even worse than what we have at the moment. 

I think the general feeling on here is that we don't want to be a Chelsea or a 2008 Man City, more that we just want the likes of us, Villa, previously Everton to compete and not be forced into these daft situations where we're incentivised to sell our local talent. 

I don't know what the solution is, but I know it's not just scrapping it altogether, I'd genuinely hate it, not least because it would be much more likely that we'd lose Howe imo. 

I just want us to be able to compete on even footings, if that means spending caps so be it. Of course anything over say 80% or revenue has to be under written by owners so issues of sustainability don’t come up. 

If we box ourselves in to don’t want to be like x team you run the risk of not being able to compete if that model somehow comes off. 

Your in luck too KI because the owners who are here to make profit will never allow it to become a Wild West. 

27 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The solution is simple, FMV should be based on the largest current equivalent non-associated party deal.

That would prevent owners from injecting ridiculous amounts of money and allow competition with the established top clubs.

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

The solution is simple, FMV should be based on the largest current equivalent non-associated party deal.

That would prevent owners from injecting ridiculous amounts of money and allow competition with the established top clubs.

Or allow clubs to spend up to the limits of the highest earning clubs as long as owners can afford to do so.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Speak for yourself mate 😀

I'm in my 50s had a ST over 30 years, seen us lose numerous games finals at Wembley, seen us finish runners up in PL twice, play in the CL three times (four if include getting knocked out in the qualifiers), I'm 100% OK with us doing a 2008 Man City. Be no complaints from me if we do!

Edited by 500bhp

1 hour ago, 500bhp said:

Speak for yourself mate 😀

I'm in my 50s had a ST over 30 years, seen us lose numerous games finals at Wembley, seen us finish runners up in PL twice, play in the CL three times (four if include getting knocked out in the qualifiers), I'm 100% OK with us doing a 2008 Man City. Be no complaints from me if we do!

Yeah, I know it's not unanimous like. That's why I said the general feeling rather than just saying everyone. :lol:

I can't see any issue with owners pumping their own money into their club, the money needs to be protected in a way that doesn't put the clubs future in jeopardy, but its up to them what its spent on, I quite like the idea of restricting losses to £105 million but an owner should be able to subsidise this so the club doesn't get a points reduction.

At the minute there is no incentive for a potential new owner to purchase an EPL club because the competition is rigged in favour of the Sky 6

Not sure this is entirely ‘PSR-forced’, so possibly not the right thread, but these CL ticket prices from Villa are absolutely disgusting. Pure exploitation of fans.

IMG_1513.thumb.jpeg.b2d3ec9f1d81ce22282a88b2e89d7e62.jpeg

Assume most sensible Villa fans are up in arms @brummie?

17 minutes ago, SteV said:

Not sure this is entirely ‘PSR-forced’, so possibly not the right thread, but these CL ticket prices from Villa are absolutely disgusting. Pure exploitation of fans.

IMG_1513.thumb.jpeg.b2d3ec9f1d81ce22282a88b2e89d7e62.jpeg

Assume most sensible Villa fans are up in arms @brummie?

Jesus

When revenue streams are all important and everyone is trying to grow them instead of incremental increases think clubs are bound to push ticket prices as far as they can go. Fans were never going to benefit from these rules, especially in a sort of pardox, at ambitious clubs.